Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: No period for 6 months - then a period???  (Read 1705 times)

Ann

• First Flush
No period for 6 months - then a period???
« on: June 02, 2022, 09:26:24 AM »

I’m in a terrible worried mess. No period since December and I think ‘great, this must be the end and I’ve got to the menopause’. Today, I have mild period cramps and lower back ache, and low and behold, a period! Had a wobble and a cry - did some Google searching which was all doom, and called GP. Surgery closed until Monday because of Jubilee. Not sure I can cope without some help or advice until I can get a GP appointment. Anyone else experienced a long gap and then a period, or should I be worried and get to A&E?

ATB

Re: No period for 6 months - then a period???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 09:37:33 AM »

Please don’t worry too much, this happens a lot. My friends stopped and started around 4 times over a 2 1/2 year time period, where she would be without for 8 months, get a period, then nothing for 11 months! It doesn’t just nicely stop one month and that’s it, not for many at least. Take a deep breath, it’s ok, you’re just not in menopause yet and are still peri.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »

If it feels like a period there's no need to worry. Many people experience long gaps which is why the nhs defines menopause as one year without a bleed. Even that is erring on the safe side (as post menopausal bleeding is investigated as a cancer risk) as some women have genuine periods more than a year after the last one.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 12:21:46 PM »

Hi sounds like it’s normal for peri menopause . Periods can get longer or shorter and closer or further about. x

Ann

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 09:06:46 AM »

Many thanks for the kind words and reassurances. I’m going to see my GP anyway because this whole peri menopause experience is dragging me down. This ‘flash’ period has come as a shock, along with the PMT, tender boobs, and cramps. Thanks y’all

ATB

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 09:21:51 AM »

You’re welcome, it’s good to check in with your GP through perimenopause and let them know what you’re experiencing. Best of luck.