Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause belly  (Read 940 times)

Millie1

Menopause belly
« on: June 02, 2022, 01:46:18 PM »

Hello ladies.  I'm interested to know what you take/do to get rid of the belly?  I exercise regular and eat healthy however my belly is so big I feel so uncomfortable.  I have to wear baggy/loose clothing to disguise the belly.  It's getting me down.  Any tips/advice. X

joziel

Re: Menopause belly
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 02:47:52 PM »

Are you on HRT and which meds if so?

Millie1

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 03:08:16 PM »

Hi there.  I'm on Evorel 50 mcg.  X

joziel

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 05:10:41 PM »

No progesterone, just oestrogen?

Usually bloating is caused by the progesterone side of things I think. But if you're not on any, there goes that as an idea...

Have you had your bloods tested? 50 is quite a low dose to be on. I suffer from progesterone-related constipation/bloating/sluggish guts and when I increase my oestrogen, it really gets things moving and back in balance. Oestrogen affects the gut motility. So you could ask for a blood test to check your oestrogen levels and if they are low, ask to increase....

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 05:34:18 PM »

50 is actually an average dose of oestrogen. While progesterone is the usual culprit for bloating, some can bloat with oestrogen also (unfortunately) - I’m one of them. The only solution I have found is to be really strict with carbs.

Hope this helps x

Millie1

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 06:41:04 PM »

Joziel.  I have the Mirena coil for the Progesterone.  Evorel for oestrogen. X

Perinowpost

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 07:12:54 PM »

The mirena is notorious for causing weight gain/bloating. I put 9lbs on overnight when I had mine, and I was barely eating a thing. it resolved when I had it removed x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 07:38:45 AM »

Is it weight gain?  My apron dropped several years ago due to lack of oestrogen.  From above I look pregnant by the end of the day  ::), when laying the belly is flat.  It may well be gravity !!