Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Do post women typically need less oestrogen  (Read 984 times)

Bungo

Do post women typically need less oestrogen
« on: June 01, 2022, 06:15:16 PM »

I see some women taking 3 or 4 pumps oestrogel(or equivalent). If post menopause, do the 2 pumps generally suffice or is there no hard or fast rule? Do

LornaCee

• First Flush
Re: Do post women typically need less oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 06:20:24 PM »

I use one pump and I have been going through menapause for 7 years, I am now 44, when starting the pump I used 2x pumps and too much hormone was going in and making me feel horrible.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 06:29:56 PM »

Hi everyone’s different and will need different dosages. x

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 06:33:51 PM »

I think everyone is different in how much they need to feel good, there's no one size fits all, I think in peri it's really hard due to huge fluctuations, and adding estrogen can be too much at times, where as post it's easier to get an even balance, although for some it remains difficult to get it right, I have to say through peri I've found it extremely difficult to get it right, my consultant said younger women need more than older women due to osteoporosis developing but I think that's in terms of those at a young age having ovaries removed or premature menopause and having very low estrogen, I'm 48 and could never tolerate high doses made me very unwell, but others feel good on high doses, it's all very individual x

LornaCee

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 06:37:20 PM »

Yes I went to menapause clinic and been told I am sensitive to hrt but I’ve to try and persevere with it, been on quite a few different ones and ended up at the hospital and basically had to stop, it’s not been nice x

Bungo

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 06:57:40 AM »

Thanks. Am late perimenopausal, and just started. Did one pump for a week, then changed to 1.5 with intention of going to 2 pumps but may stick with the1.5. I think my joints are a little better the past few days so may stay at this. Was meant to move to 2 pumps in month 2 but interesting to know some even benefit from 1

Stella2

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 08:00:16 AM »

I am 2 years post meno and started with the HRT in December. 2 pumps (1 Sandrena) were not quite enough so I am now on 75 patch which is equivalent to 3 pumps, but I cut a bit off - i think I am on around 65.

Nas

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 08:41:43 AM »

No clue!
4 years post meno and not a Scooby-Doo if I’m honest.
I’ve tried all doses, high and low. Ultra low causes me horrific bladder issues.
Medium and high dose, make jittery and irritable. So does no HRT.

In truth. I’m a lost cause!  :-\

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 09:19:23 AM »

Lorna- what side effects were you getting that took you to hospital? Xx