Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Withdrawal from Everol Patches  (Read 3739 times)

Dotty

Re: Withdrawal from Everol Patches
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2022, 07:18:26 PM »

Hi Vicky I didn’t think you were being rude at all. I was just trying to ascertain what you were asking so I could try and help . xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2022, 07:31:20 PM »

Awwww thstd good! I'm really grateful dotty for you looking for me....its so sweet xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2022, 07:32:18 PM »

It was just to see the comparison from zoely pill strength to other forms of HRT xx

Dotty

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2022, 07:39:52 PM »

Hi Vicky if you look at the table that I posted the link for then you can see the equivalent strengths of different oestrogen preparations . X

Vicky81

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2022, 09:00:44 PM »

Thanks dotty xx

joziel

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2022, 09:26:15 PM »

I can't believe that other source is wrong because it's from a very popular FB group with 'guides' on how to compare various HRTs. But it must be wrong if that's what the BMS says.

I'm a bit confused about what makes Zoely a combined pill rather than HRT then? Or is it sort of both? Or is it a combined pill because it effectively stops ovulation and can function as a contraceptive?

I'm looking for something which does that (if I switch from what I'm on) because I have mild endo. When I took 50 Estradot and 100mg of Utrogestan, my endo was starting to happen again. So I re-started Cerazette to quiet it down again. I also increased estrogen to 75 because my bloods were 233nmol and I still had some symptoms. But I am getting migraines again on Cerazette - I had these when I was on it before too, but I thought they might be due to low estrogen.

So - I want to get off Cerazette again now. Which means I need to figure out what else to try - a progesterone solution which turns off my ovaries, stops ovulation, and prevents build up of endo. I can try 200mg of utrogestan first, which I probably will (got appointment with dr on Weds). But I feel like I need Plan B in case that doesn't work...

The other option which has been suggested to me is Femoston Conti, because the progesterone in it is dydrogesterone which is also supposed to be a relatively good progesterone and it's good for suppressing endo - but it seems that it actually is less estrogen than Zoely then?? It's 1mg. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 09:28:26 PM by joziel »

Dotty

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2022, 05:46:30 AM »

Hi Joziel Can you post a link of the document you mention that you have seen ? x

Vicky81

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2022, 05:46:43 AM »

Its so confusing! I've got a telephone appointment later tonight with dr karen morton...I went with her first back in jan. She dies a helpline so I'm going to ask xx

Vicky81

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2022, 06:15:36 AM »

Not sure whether to just go on the normal contraceptive pill ...I'm in your boat with this joziel......how can it work if its only got very small dose estrogen,?

Dotty

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2022, 06:54:18 AM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33225.0

Have a look at this post.

Zoely contains the body identical oestrogen unlike many combined pills which are synthetic.

Vicky81

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2022, 07:00:01 AM »

Thanks dotty will do...
Whats your take on it?, do you think going back on the normal combined pill would be better?

Gilla999

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2022, 07:14:12 AM »

Joziel it's a combined Pill because of the synthetic progesterone contained within it (nomegestrol acetate, which is the newest generation of progesterones) as well as the estrogen. The only difference between it and other contraceptive pills (aside from the type of progesterone, which varies in all Pills) is that it uses estriadol as the estrogen, the body identical form (and therefore has a more favourable side effect profile).

The theory about using it (or any contraceptive pill for peri) is that shutting off ovulation will prevent the fluctuations that some people experience as part of it. Zoely shuts off ovulation via its progesterone. However that wasn't the case for me - it did prevent ovulation (as all contraceptive Pills do) but it didn't stop my hormones from fluctuating underneath (ovulation and movement in your hormone levels aren't the same thing necessarily). I was fine for about 6 weeks and then all my symptoms started up again and after 3 months I had blood tests done over the course of a month which showed that my own hormone levels were fluctuating like mad, worse than before I started the Pill. It's possible if I had given it a year or 6 months that they would eventually dampened down, but I wasn't prepared to wait that long. I then tried Yasmin (a contraceptive pill like most with synthetic estrogen in it instead of estriadol) and it was the same experience. After that I tried Lenzetto and that's what worked for me in the end.

However as I've said before this was my experience and doesn't mean that others will have the same, as everyone's hormones and situation are so unique! You really need to find what works for you and unfortunately it's often a case of trial and error. Just because it didn't prevent my stoopid hormones from going mad, doesn't mean the same will happen for someone else xx
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 07:19:28 AM by Gilla999 »

Vicky81

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2022, 07:39:45 AM »

Hi Gill
Thanks 4 your message.  So forgive me as I'm new to all this.....does the zoely shut down ovulation? Again in shutting down ovulation shouldn't that mean no fluctuations?,
What was the reason you kept fluctuating on it?,
What did you need extra of?,
Sorry its me I just don't understand all this lol...I feel like just going back on the average contraceptive pill. My symptoms as you know are high anxiety,, no interest in anything at all,, no social life because if anxiety and if its fluctuations that's causing all this then I just need yhe correct strength medication to do this ....this is why I'm now thinking is zoely strong enough?? Xxxx

Gilla999

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2022, 09:04:54 AM »

Yes Zoely shuts down ovulation, like all contraceptive Pills. But shutting down ovulation doesn't necessarily mean your hormones are not fluctuating - this is the assumption I also made before starting the Pill (so don't think it's anything to do with you not understanding). All I can say is that in my case (proved by both being highly symptomatic and then blood tests I had done) my E & P levels were both spiking and falling wildly while I was on both Zoely AND Yasmin and I was symptomatic throughout (night sweats and 3am insomnia), rather than it being in a pattern of only being the two weeks before my period, which was happening before starting anything. As I said, it may well have been after 6 or 12 months that those fluctuations would have stopped/been dampened down. I gave Zoely 3 and a bit months, then tried Yasmin for 1 month and felt horrendous so moved onto Lenzetto and that worked for me.

All I can say is what works/doesn't work for one woman isn't going to be the case for another and you need to give things time to work that out, rather than switching every week or two. Good luck x

joziel

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2022, 09:27:36 AM »

Wow, that's crazy. I thought hormones were produced by the ovaries so if you shut them down, you'd stabilise your levels. This is all v confusing. I've no idea what I'm looking for now then  ;D

I can't post a link to where I saw the comparisons because it was in a closed FB group so I don't think I'm allowed to. But the group is The HRT Truth Collective (bit of a misnomer  ;D ) and then click on the link to Guides and scroll down to HRT dose equivalents.

This is what they have:

Sandrena gel 0.5mg
25mcg patches
1 pump of Oestrogel
Tablets 0.5mg

Sandrena gel 1mg
50mcg patches (inc the combined Evorel Sequi or Conti)
2 pumps of Oestrogel
Tablets 1mg

Sandrena gel 1.5mg
75mcg patches
3 pumps of Oestrogel
Tablets 1.5mg

Sandrena gel 2mg
100mcg patches
4 pumps of Oestrogel
Tablets 2mg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4