Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Night sweats, disrupted sleep only ....Oestrogel not working?  (Read 3198 times)

VanillaLover

Re: Night sweats, disrupted sleep only ....Oestrogel not working?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2022, 08:28:19 AM »

Sorry should add that although the flushes did reduce quickly at first, the sleep quality itself did take the three months to settle fully, as others have said. Keep going with it!

IluvBrum

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2022, 11:51:03 AM »

Thank you all for the replies.

It appears that for most people, they get relief from the hot sweats very quickly. But for me, this is not happening 6 weeks in. I had another awful night waking up multiple times in a sweat. I can sleep ok, it’s just the sweating wakes me up. I return to sleep but will wake up hour an half later and this is repeated throughout the night.

I am on my period and therefore on a break from the Utrogestan. Thinking about it, when I am on this the sleep is a little better with only one or two sweat disturbances. They say it helps you sleep but I should not have to rely on this. Anyway, I am going to log my symptons on the balance app I have heard about and see what this shows up.

I didn’t think having low visceral fat would make a difference because I thought that oestrogen could not be stored? Isn’t this the reason why we are topping up our hormones on a daily basis? As for not drinking much alcohol, I have not heard that before…..

Yes, I am applying 2 pumps to the thighs, roughly the same time every night. Hmmmm, yes I did wonder about the shower products and I do use body creams most days whether this may have an impact on absorption. But I use these in the daytime and the Oestrogel at night, many hours later. On the days I have not used a body cream it has still not made a difference.

No, not had covid. Not been ill at all with anything!

I am glad there are one or two others out there like me. The whole thing is doing my head in though. I am due to consult the GP in a couple of weeks and it could be patches if there is no improvement. And if these don’t work then I don’t know what. I guess I’ll just have to put up with it. I am very lucky in comparison to many ladies out there, I am getting off lightly. It’s only sweating for crying out loud. I have my perspective.

VanillaLover

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2022, 12:13:36 PM »

I believe that limited amounts of oestrogen is manufactured in some types of fat cell. So when your ovaries pack up, you go down to a very much reduced baseline, but not actually zero oestrogen.

Your night sweats sound dreadful. No way should you put up with it! Keep trying!

IluvBrum

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 11:40:29 AM »

Update!

I'm into the second month of Estradot 50 patches and still not much improvement to my sweating. I'm getting fed up now. I'm doing almost everything you are supposed to do to avoid these sweats. Eg. alcohol, caffeine, spicy food, light clothing and bedding etc.

The gel has had no effect and now the patches. I even used both initially because I had some gel left over when I started the patches. Nothing. What next? Aaaaaaahhhhhh >:(

I dont know whether to stop now or keep going. Seems a bit pointless when this is only sympton. Part of me feels a bit guilty that I'm whinging because I am getting off very lightly in comparison to many others.

It seems a little excessive to pay out for private consultation perhaps?

Gnatty

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 12:39:54 PM »

Estradot 50 is still only a medium dose. You are likely going to need more as you still aren't getting relief. Try going to 75 for a while and then if still no joy up to 100. Just take it slow and steady. Think I said before if you are petite and have little fat you probs need more. Oestrogel is stored in fat cells its why menopausal women often put weight on round their middle, it's the bodies way of trying to store some oestrogen.

sheila99

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2022, 08:22:07 AM »

I agree, I think you need a higher dose.

IluvBrum

• First Flush
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2022, 09:19:55 AM »

An interesting point about the fat cells. I would be interested to hear back from Clareabelle1 who is in a similar situation to me and perhaps others with similar figures.

I am due to put in another request so I shall ask for 75 and see what happens. I got the impression from the doctor that they were reluctant to increase the dose when I was using the gel. I did try it however out of frustration and on occasions used 3 and 4 pumps and still nothing changed. Only for a few days mind.

I do prefer the patches rather than the gel because of ease of use. I suppose you can only try.....its a long old haul isn't it. ;D

Thanks for your replies.

violetbat

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2022, 06:17:58 PM »

I was put on lenzetto from the gel and it has been awful. I have now been moved onto patches. Like you all symptoms pretty much sorted apart from night sweats once or twice a night. Gp will also be looking at trying me with testosterone after I have my bloods done.

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2022, 11:47:43 AM »

3 or 4 days isn't long enough to tell. Flushes usually take 1-2 weeks, my insomnia and anxiety too 3 months. Hope the 75 works.

joziel

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2022, 10:06:02 PM »

I agree you probably need an increase. My original instructions from my Newson Health dr was to start with 25 for 2 weeks, then increase to 50 for 4-6 weeks, increasing to 75 if needed and then after 4-6 weeks to 100. For me, that was a bit too speedy. I think I am sensitive to estrogen changes and should have stayed at 50 for 12 weeks before increasing. I did wait till 7 weeks.

Which is all to say, my doctor fully expected me to need 75-100. I am at 62.5 (don't ask) and if my symptoms go and my bloods are okay, I'll be staying there because I'm a bit afraid to go to 75 again after my heart palpitations but 50 was a bit low for me - 62.5 would be a 50 patch and then half a 25 each time  ;D

I think some women can accelerate through the increases and others need very slow and gradual increases and I've learnt I'm one of those...
Pages: 1 [2]