Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Brutal Mirena cramps  (Read 1749 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Brutal Mirena cramps
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2022, 08:04:50 PM »

No fun 😥

I am sorry, Nas. I hope you can manage to rest tonight. Maybe lying in bed listening to an audio book or something entertaining could help you to relax. I am thinking of you.

Nas

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2022, 08:17:24 PM »

Thanks Flossie. Will try.

How are you doing?

ElkWarning

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2022, 06:32:30 AM »

Hi Nas

I had a mirena in peri due to 'gore movie' bleeding issues. Had it fitted under GA (severe health anxiety) and so it took me a couple of days to get over those effects. I can remember it did feel weird, difficult to describe, and I think some of that was not knowing what to expect. I believe I've also mention ablation and cauterisation to you previously.

Anyway, my experience was that the immediate effects, including cramping, settled within a month. However, it took six months for the mirena to totally stop my periods (wasn't through meno, I had blood tests). At this point, I felt I had my life back, at least from the horror film bleeding and constant anaemia. I wasn't just surviving my body and instead could make plans and stay vertical.

One of my daughters has recently had a coil fitted (contraception) and she found cramping, bloating and a bit of bowel disturbance for six weeks or so. Seems to have settled now.

Re: other published side effects, yeah, health anxiety is great for ensuring we look all those up. I'm convinced my mirena did cause weight gain (I've had two over the years), but only a stone, and it's not super hard to keep on top of that (except I like kit kat too). To be honest, mentally, I couldn't really say. The maddest I've ever been was while I was on HRT, but there was a lot of other stuff going on at the same time.

Once blood tests showed I was through the menopause, I had the mirena removed. All good.

In conclusion, I'd say it was a lifesaver for me, because my bleeding was just so catastrophic. As soon as that was under control, I was able to focus on other health stuff. So I'd say push forward with paracetamol and rest and maybe allow yourself to feel confident that this is going to work and by September (teacher here also) it'll all be a completely different kettle of fish.

Best

EK

Nas

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2022, 08:14:46 AM »

Thanks Elk.
Good to hear the coil worked in your favor re the horrific bleeding.

I’m not going to lie, I feel horrendous.
Not sleeping, low and de motivated.
The cramps, bloating and yes, the bowel disruptions are bothersome.

The temptation is to get it removed next week!

Nas

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2022, 04:51:02 PM »

Well, managed to get up, get dressed and go settee shopping !
Maybe, just maybe, I feel a tiny bit better today  :)

Marchlove

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2022, 05:03:55 PM »

I do hope so for you Nas!
xxx

Nas

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2022, 05:05:05 PM »

Me too March ! X

ElkWarning

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2022, 06:33:06 PM »

Well, you've been through the mill, and feel as if that's what's happened. I dunno, my body takes time to adjust to things, but then sometimes it goes into overdrive and can't even adjust to itself. Is there any chance of you planning treats? It's hard with low mood because why bother. But I think this is why ladies used to go to the hairdressers for a shampoo and set every week. I try and have a proper massage in the school hols, sometimes even a spa day ... But it's hard to find that spark. I went down the herbalism route.

Vicky81

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2022, 07:34:20 PM »

Aww nas hope it settles for you....huge hug xxxx
Pages: 1 [2]