Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Reassurance if possible  (Read 2115 times)

roisen

Reassurance if possible
« on: June 02, 2022, 12:45:15 PM »

Sorry to be a wreck but I’m quite worried. Had a small staining and now stomach cramps (could be irritable bowel) Vaginal scan showed something on cervix. I saw the report and it hints at a mass. Lining was too thick 9mm. All my smears have been negative. I had a D&C in 2014 to remove polyps. In 2017 another scan that showed no problems Apart from fibroids. Lining was 1mm then. I’m now on 2 week wait for referral and I’m beside myself with anxiety about what’s on the cervix and of course bank holiday is holding up my appointment. I’m 69 and been on HRT for a long time. Any advice would be welcome. Xx
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 11:01:10 PM by roisen »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reassurance if possible
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 07:33:45 AM »

Sorry that this was missed, when was your last period?

Which report?  'mass' can cover a multitude of sins and I am sure that if this were deemed a problem, your GP would have contacted you.  Well, in 'usual' times.  Referral for which dept., for a scan? 

MayB keep a mood/food/syptom diary to chart progress, take it with you to the appt so that you don't forget to discuss your worries. 

roisen

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 07:47:38 AM »

Thank you @CLKD for responding. I’ve had a scan following some staining. I’m now waiting for referral to gynaecologist. I stupidly read the report of the scan and saw it said Ca question mark. Now scared to death. Had clear scan five years ago apart from fibroids and have always had negative scans. I’ve a lot of vaginal soreness and back ache. I just wondered if anyone else had been through something similar. So anxious x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 07:59:17 AM »

I had a scan and was also told I had a "mass" needless to say, I went into sheer panic at the word but like clkd says,mass,is just a term they use,mine turned out to be an old scar from a hysterectomy, I know you'll worry but it could really be a number of things,as I found out

roisen

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 08:32:43 AM »

Thank you so much. It’s so worrying isn’t it? X

Sid

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 01:04:50 PM »

Hi Roisen

It’s really stressful to be referred via the 2 Week Wait Pathway. My GP referred me recently and I felt really anxious until I got the all clear.  This despite the fact that my sister is a GP and said there was no basis for the referral.  Furthermore, I used to work as a medical secretary at a GP surgery and know that the vast majority of 2WW referrals do not result in a cancer diagnosis (over 90% at my surgery and I think this is backed up by national statistics).  I know it is really hard not to feel panicked, but try not to think about it too much (easier said than done, I know). Take care xx

roisen

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 04:57:46 PM »

Oh, thank you Sid so much for your reassurance. I do so appreciate it xx

roisen

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »

So, my letter regarding my referral for investigation after post menopausal bleeding says to phone if they haven’t contacted me by the 2nd! I guess the whole bank holiday has slowed everything up. Scary to read referred to suspected cancer clinic. Husband says it still doesn’t mean you have it. It’s to eliminate. So worrying. Coming back a man for sure.

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 03:09:29 PM »

I just recently has an abnormal FIT test and the notes said,needs referral for colorectal cancer,I nearly passed out,all clear thankfully,it really is just how medical people word things,like mass......tumour.......growth,can all mean very innocent things

ATB

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 08:26:30 AM »

I posted on your other one. But assume you’re going to keep to this thread now. I’m also having a test this week, I will probably need more after. On a neck lump. It can be scary even though we know most often these things are not cancerous. I’m trying my hardest to remind myself that there is nothing that worrying will do but make the test procedure worse, I can save my worry for when I have something to worry about, which I do not right now here in the present. Think about just what is going on today. Today there is no cancer diagnosis, it’s just a letter to refer you for screening. This happens many many times a day and most people are just fine. Let us know how you get on.

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 10:08:17 AM »

Good luck to you too ATB xxx

ATB

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 10:12:08 AM »

:) Thank you Jaypo 

roisen

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2022, 03:00:20 PM »

Good luck ATB. I hope all goes well x

Natalie1969

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2022, 05:29:12 PM »

Anyone else post menopause on oestrogel two pumps and using utrogestan 100 mg vaginally every other night how feel ? I’m moody not myself no focus brain fog it’s horrible tried add testron gel also twice week use still low feeling feel flat dead snappy no interest in anything no sex drive just lost not myself ? Any advice please?