Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello, new here, poss peri symptom  (Read 1134 times)

flumpkin

• First Flush
Hello, new here, poss peri symptom
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:58:34 PM »

Hello,

First time on here and honestly had not really thought much about menopause. I am 49, have pretty regular periods although have been slightly different last 3 months, shorter or longer gaps between.  My main issue started last week where on getting up in the night I had no balance. I swayed and could not walk in a straight line and so banged into bed and drawers. This has happened for 3-4 days. I feel like I am drunk or just swaying like when get off a boat. Slight pressure headache, tired eyes. Not sure if this is a symptom or if I have eye/ear/brain! Issue, so have appt tomorrow with nurse.  Mentioned to colleague who said could be menopause related and so here I am!! Wondered if this is familiar to anyone? I am also always hot and sometimes overwhelmingly so but I have been like this for years … prob just more so now … any suggestions, comments. Replies welcome. The swaying has been very unnerving… thanks love flump xx

Marchlove

Re: Hello, new here, poss peri symptom
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 01:16:25 PM »

Hi Flump

Welcome to the forum :)

All of those symptoms could certainly be menopausal so you are quite right to investigate further.

It might be a good idea to see your Gp and get him to do some blood tests including thyroid.

The swaying can be very unnerving, do you only get it at night?
It could be a drop in blood sugar, so it might be a good idea if you eat something just before bed.

Hope your appointment with the nurse goes well.

M x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 01:18:10 PM »

Hello flumpkin and welcome to the forum. That is a great name. :)

I agree with Marchlove that it could be a drop in sugar. It is good you have an appointment tomorrow. I hope it goes well.

flumpkin

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 01:10:02 PM »

Thanks both.

I’ve seen the nurse practitioner today and been given some meds for vertigo. She thinks it is bppv (vertigo caused by head movements).

She was lovely but only interested in vertigo and not anything to do with any hotness, changes in periods, sleep issues or any queries on hormones, poss perimenopause.  I know they are super busy though and so just tackle 1 thing per appt.

To be honest considering anything being menopausal is a new thing for me anyway, although the hotness and difficulty sleeping has been going on for a while. I think I need to do some reading (starting with this site!)

Thanks for the welcome xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 01:33:44 PM »

Vertigo may be a symptom of low oestrogen ........ Ring the surgery and ask for a referral to a dedicated menopausal clinic, not a gynae. There is a waiting list so better to get onto 1 sooner rather than later.

Browse round.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 01:34:28 PM »

It is a shame the nurse did not take all your symptoms into account as they all affect each other. I hope the medication helps with the dizzy spells.