Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bit the bullet thickened womb lining and something on cervix (worried)  (Read 1799 times)

roisen

So I bit the bullet and had the hysteroscopy. Not as bad as I thought. Polyps removed. Nothing found on cervix and womb lining looked fine. Glad it’s over!

Any advice. I’ve been here before with the thickened womb lining but was on a cyclical HRT then. I’ve been on sandrena 1.5 and ultrogeston for many years now and wasn’t expecting this again. Sonographer spotted something on my cervix but wasn’t sure what. So now concerned that might be cervical cancer, although 69 now and all my smears have been negative. Is this a sign I’ve been on HRT too long. Close on 18 years but I’m no good without it. I need a hysteroscopy but last time was too hard as never had children so I guess GA for that. I’m right in the middle of study and exams too. I also have low back ache. Could it just be a cyst on the cervix. Lining was 9mm like the last time and that was multiple polyps. Can this happen more than once. Sorry for the ramble. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 04:00:38 PM by roisen »

MrsRoo

Re: Scan found thickened womb lining and something on cervix (worried)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 08:43:48 PM »

Hi Roisen,

I didn’t want to read and not reply.

Try not to worry about things as it probably isn’t anything concerning as your smears have all been negative. I had a hysteroscopy in 2019 and it was much, much better than the one I had in 2011. I haven’t had children either. They gave me gas and air and it was fine so don’t worry about that. I’m in a similar situation myself at the moment so I can’t say whether you should stop HRT. I’d imagine it would possibly be better to change the regime if it’s that which is causing your issues.

Best of luck and please keep us informed.

Roo x

roisen

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 09:54:21 PM »

Thank you Mrs Roo, appreciate you responding. X

Haydo

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 07:03:49 AM »

Bumped

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 07:34:35 AM »

MayB update 1 thread or any responses are likely to be missed.  I have replied to 1 of your queries this morning  :-\

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 07:44:06 AM »

Hi you can stay on hrt for as long as you need it. You haven’t been on it for too long . x

roisen

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 07:51:50 AM »

[
I thought maybe 18 years was too long!
X
quote author=Dotty link=topic=61983.msg861848#msg861848 date=1654242246]
Hi you can stay on hrt for as long as you need it. You haven’t been on it for too long . x
[/quote]

ATB

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 07:55:26 AM »

Yes my Mum is 75 and has been on HRT for 35 years, since her emergency hysterectomy. She gave in to pressure to stop it recently and suffered pelvic prolapse! Straight back on it.

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 08:08:18 AM »

Hi the up to date advice is that you can stay on hrt for life as long as the benefits outweigh the risks xx

roisen

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 08:37:03 AM »

Yes my Mum is 75 and has been on HRT for 35 years, since her emergency hysterectomy. She gave in to pressure to stop it recently and suffered pelvic prolapse! Straight back on it.
Thanks @ATB That makes me feel much better. Glad your mum went back on it. Quality of life is so important. X

ATB

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 08:42:04 AM »

It absolutely is! Mum had horrendous endometriosis before that, it’s such a big memory from childhood how badly she suffered and she had a uterine prolapse for her first of 4 children. When she started getting a prolapse off HRT the doctor really didn’t seem to care! I have sent her lots of info so she is adamant she will not go off it, why at her age? She still works a very busy job full time as well. There’s no logical reason.

sweettooth

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 09:22:01 AM »

Hi Roisen,

Just wanted to say I don’t have any knowledge of your problem but sending you love and good vibes. 

Keep posting 💐💐💐

roisen

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 10:01:07 AM »

No reason at all. Sounds like your mum would be far worse without it. I know I would. It affects my moods terribly when I try to come off. I’ve been told I’m oestrogen  dependent. Quality of life is everything. X

roisen

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2022, 10:01:49 AM »

Hi Roisen,

Just wanted to say I don’t have any knowledge of your problem but sending you love and good vibes. 

Keep posting 💐💐💐

Thank you so much xx

sheila99

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2022, 11:36:31 AM »

No experience but hope it turns out OK.
Pages: [1] 2