Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: please help! estradot and Utrogestan for perimenopause?  (Read 641 times)

Rima

• First Flush
please help! estradot and Utrogestan for perimenopause?
« on: June 09, 2022, 03:20:08 PM »

Hi I'm new here. I'm 44 and have been prescribed HRT by my GP. I just want to check out if others have been prescribed this at the point (perimenopause) that i have-  the estradot i've been prescribed says 'only to be used 12 months after last period' - i have frequent periods - is this ok to take? I've been told to take it continuously with  Utrogestan starting on day 14.
Thanks so much for your thoughts! Perimenopause is one hell of a ride and frankly I'm terrified as it seems i likely have a long way to go. So far my main symptom is dreadful anxiety.

Paula1966

• First Flush
Re: please help! estradot and Utrogestan for perimenopause?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 03:36:00 PM »

I am still having periods and I am taking Oestragel 2 pumps, Utrogestan 100mg daily and vaginally. Also I have been given testosterone

Hope that helps

McPeri

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 04:10:06 PM »

Yes, this is all fine. You can take estradot in perimenopause and you will be using the utrogestan cyclically so that fits with you still having a cycle.

Rima

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 06:08:57 PM »

Thanks so much both. That’s just the reassurance I needed - totally thrown by the info leaflet!

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 08:40:00 PM »

I am also 44yo, peri-menopausal and on Estradot and Utrogestan. Hope you feel better soon!

PS do not read the MIS-information leaflets, they are bonkers, completely wrong and out of date. Just skip to the 'how to apply' sections  ;D