Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Which HRT????  (Read 673 times)

AlyT7

• First Flush
Which HRT????
« on: May 31, 2022, 01:36:43 PM »

Hi there, I've had my tests done which have confirmed perimenopause and have a Dr app tomorrow to get my HRT but not sure which is the best option. On the call the Dr mentioned Evorel Sequi but I believe that is patch only? I have a tendency to react badly to the adhesives on patches (fairly nasty skin reaction) so wondering what the alternatives are.

Happy to use pills but it looks like a minefield as to which is the better option. Does anyone have any experience of any of the brands?

My worst symptoms are night sweats, weight gain (look very pregnant and have been asked several times about it), brain fog/confusion, rage yet number to everything else and headaches.

Thanks in advance for any help.

AlyT

LSmarty

Re: Which HRT????
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 06:03:08 PM »

Hi
Google evorel sequi ingredients before going to your docs so you know if you're allergic or not, there are many different types of hrt out there, I'm sure you'll find one that suits you
Good luck 🍀

Les xox

Curlygirl

Re: Which HRT????
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 06:26:38 PM »

I also react badly to adhesives. When I spoke to my doctor about not being able to use the patches because of this. She did say that they’re is a way around it and    She would prescribe a steroid spray / nasal spray to use first, let it dry and then apply the patch and there should be no reaction. Might be an option if you want to try patches