Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT - and Periods? - Help Please  (Read 1033 times)

ClaireN

• First Flush
HRT - and Periods? - Help Please
« on: May 30, 2022, 02:56:06 PM »

Hi Everyone.
I would really appreciate some advice. im 47, still having periods, and started HRT today.. im using Evorel Sequi/Conti, the 2 week/2 week sequential one.

My question that i cannot find an answer to and no one can help - is that is the "bleed" at the end of the Conti part at 4 weeks your period, or do i have that as well? My periods usually vary from 25 days to 28 cycle.. so if it is as well as i assume one will go into another, but nothing online or pharmacist can tell me... id just like to know what might happen, as i am going away in July!

Any advice or help would be much appreciated, thank you so much

Dotty

Re: HRT - and Periods? - Help Please
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 02:58:03 PM »

Hi you should get a bleed just after you have finished the progesterone part of the patches.  The aim is that this should synch with your own cycle, but it might take a while to settle. x

ClaireN

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 03:01:01 PM »

Thank you Dotty, so im likely next month to get my usual period, then the bleed, if its after the 28 day of the conti part. Am i likely to know the difference?

ATB

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 03:03:47 PM »

No you only bleed once in 28 days still, usually. You start the progesterone part on day 15 after your last period started, take for 2 weeks and then ideally the period starts just after you stop the progesterone. Make sense? Hope I didn’t misunderstand you.

mandss

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 04:07:57 PM »

Hi Everyone.
I would really appreciate some advice. im 47, still having periods, and started HRT today.. im using Evorel Sequi/Conti, the 2 week/2 week sequential one.

My question that i cannot find an answer to and no one can help - is that is the "bleed" at the end of the Conti part at 4 weeks your period, or do i have that as well? My periods usually vary from 25 days to 28 cycle.. so if it is as well as i assume one will go into another, but nothing online or pharmacist can tell me... id just like to know what might happen, as i am going away in July!

Are you on sequi or conti? I am confused which you are using x

VanillaLover

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 04:17:22 PM »

Hi Claire, I am on sequential HRT also, 46 still having periods. Though cycle can be 21-37 days at the moment so fairly irregular.

I have found that my own periods ALWAYS override the progesterone withdrawal. For example, this month I finished progesterone part on day 21, so would expect to come on by day 25. It was actually 8 days later.

I have also several times started a period while still taking the progesterone so it works either way. But yes you should only get one bleed a month really.

My consultant said that as long as you do bleed, it doesn’t matter at the moment. I take the progesterone 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off regardless.

I am hoping that as I get further into peri my own cycle will be weaker and I should bleed according to the progesterone withdrawal! If not then I will have some thinking to do but cross that when I come to it.

ClaireN

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 05:49:35 AM »

Hi Everyone.

Are you on sequi or conti? I am confused which you are using x

Both i think, its called Evorel Sequi, and 2 weeks its evorel 50 then evorel conti

ClaireN

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 05:51:50 AM »

VanillaLover thats really helpful thank you. I just dont look forward to constantly checking if somethings happening or not... :-(

ATB

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 07:40:35 AM »

I’m fairly new to the lingo so got a little confused. I’m on evorel 50, and I add Utrogestan from day 15 of my cycle for 2 weeks. I had never heard of the evorel sequi until I joined this forum! In the same pack you have estrogen only patches you take for the first 2 weeks, then you use the evorel conti for the last two weeks of your cycle. I’m assuming you started this on the first day of your cycle? So that your conti patches will be applied at the right time? Your cycle should then be roughly normal and you menstruate once at the normal time. Obviously in perimenopause that isn’t always the case and you can be a few days out, they just want you to bleed once a month to avoid thickening of your womb lining. You shouldn’t need to worry about when a bleed is coming or anything. I was very irregular before I started HRT, and heavy. Now it’s every 28 days and lighter than before. So just to check, you timed the patches to go with your existing cycle?

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 08:13:24 AM »

Start the first oestrogel only patch on the first day of your bleed. After 2 weeks of them you then use 2 weeks of conti patches and then (in theory at least) have your bleed. I found my own cycle was stronger than the hrt too.

ClaireN

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 05:21:56 AM »

I’m fairly new to the lingo so got a little confused. I’m on evorel 50, and I add Utrogestan from day 15 of my cycle for 2 weeks. I had never heard of the evorel sequi until I joined this forum! In the same pack you have estrogen only patches you take for the first 2 weeks, then you use the evorel conti for the last two weeks of your cycle. I’m assuming you started this on the first day of your cycle? So that your conti patches will be applied at the right time? Your cycle should then be roughly normal and you menstruate once at the normal time. Obviously in perimenopause that isn’t always the case and you can be a few days out, they just want you to bleed once a month to avoid thickening of your womb lining. You shouldn’t need to worry about when a bleed is coming or anything. I was very irregular before I started HRT, and heavy. Now it’s every 28 days and lighter than before. So just to check, you timed the patches to go with your existing cycle?
I started it the day after i started my period, that way it was a Monday so it was easier to understand!. Thank you thats very helpful