Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Zoely advice  (Read 1348 times)

Vicky81

Zoely advice
« on: May 29, 2022, 12:09:20 PM »

Hello all.
So after speaking with a friend of mine,, she told me that her sister in law used zoely pill since the age of 42 for peri symptoms and was great on it.
Anyone got any thoughts as my symptoms are quite bad as you know.....thinking of asking the gp for it in the morning . Xx

Nas

Re: Zoely advice
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 12:39:05 PM »

Most of the lovely ladies  on this forum have advised you to stick to one type of HRT for a reasonable period of time. You have only just stuck on the 75 patch? Why not give it some time now to settle?

Remember, we are all different. What works for one, doesn’t necessarily for the next.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 01:19:06 PM »

It's not good to keep changing like this. Three months for each type of HRT is the best way forward. I know it's hard but the advice given on here by everyone is to help you. If you keep changing then your poor body won't know whats going on. There's no quick fix I'm afraid.

Taz  :hug:

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »

Hi both aww yes I know ...sad face. Just thought I'd ask to see what the feelers where about it.
Just thought maybe stopping my fluctuations could be a good idea? Xx

Nas

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 02:14:37 PM »

I don’t think fluctuations can be stopped Vicky, not whilst you are chopping and changing dose etc.

The only way to know how you truly feel, is to stay one one type of HRT for 3 months or so.

For example, I switched to femeston conti, after lots of bleeding on the patch.

At first I felt great, then slowly by week 10, symptoms were surfacing and my bladder was a mess. I then started the 50 patch, again great at first, but symptoms rearing again.

So, I know that the 75 keeps my most bothersome symptoms at bay, BUT I need a more effective progesterone ( coil in my case)

If i didn’t stick with those Hrt types / doses, I wouldn’t have known they weren’t right for me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:16:16 PM by Nas »

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 02:22:24 PM »

Hello Vicky81

I can't help with your question sadly and I agree with the other ladies but I completely understand your impatience because I am the same. My emotional fluctuations are exhausting!  Feeling horrible for three months is a hard ask, especially when others report benefits much sooner. I realise that we should give our bodies time to adjust but when our bodies are tormenting us with horrible symptoms we just want a bit of stability.

I was speaking to a friend the other day and she has had many meno problems  but she has been spared the emotional stuff. For her this time of life has been about adapting physically and lifestyle changes have worked well for her. When I told her that I can be totally normal one minute but feel full of tears or panic the next she was amazed.

I wish you good luck in whatever you do and please keep us updated.

Take care.

K.

Gilla999

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 02:23:17 PM »

Vicky i agree with everyone else here, you'll be doing more/continuous 'damage' (in terms of being symptomatic) by constantly changing. You're just prolonging the pain.

I tried Zoely for 5 months prior to going on HRT under my own quack science that if it prevented ovulation that it would solve all my problems. Unfortunately that wasn't the case - I was still highly symptomatic and when I had blood tests done they showed my hormones were still fluctuating madly underneath. It might have shut off ovulation but it didn't shut off my own hormone production and the fluctuations.

Hope this helps xx
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:25:35 PM by Gilla999 »

Vicky81

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 02:43:25 PM »

Thanks all for your support and advice.  ..nightmare isn't it xxxx