Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sandrena question  (Read 691 times)

Kat66

• First Flush
Sandrena question
« on: May 28, 2022, 10:31:29 PM »

Hi there
I’ve been on Femoston 1/5 for several years but felt like it wasn’t as effective as it used to be so doctor prescribed Estradiol 0.06% gel (750microgram per actuation) - 240 gram - Apply TWO pumps once daily however it was out of stock so it has been replaced with Sandrena 0.5mg. I am about to start this along with Utrogestan, however ,firstly the dosage of the Sandrena seems a lot less than the original prescription and secondly what time of day do I apply the gel. Could any of you wise women help?

Hurdity

Re: Sandrena question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 08:39:07 AM »

Hi there

Two pumps estrogel = 1.5 mg total estradiol, so to give the equivalent total amount would be 3 sachets of 0.5 mg Sandrena - as you say, one sachet per day would be far less. However, changing from tablet to gel - how much oestrogen you get will depend on your absorption, so perhaps would start with two sachets of Sandrena for a few weeks and see how you go - you can always increase. If they've only prescribed one per day then you will need to challenge this - it might be the pharmacist, who have been given powers to change the prescription to an equivalent, but should be doing the calculations properly!

Time of day - personal choice and trial and error. Also depends on who you share your bed with and where on yuor body you apply it, because if you apply at night, then skin to skin contact should be avoided for at least an hour to avoid accidental transfer. If daytime/morning - then children, and pets need to be considered in the summer when skin is exposed....

Hurdity x

Kat66

• First Flush
Re: Sandrena question
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 08:46:13 AM »

Thank you