Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New to HRT  (Read 834 times)

Karen2020

• First Flush
New to HRT
« on: May 27, 2022, 01:53:44 PM »

Hi Everyone
I’m new to HRT and finding it all a bit confusing and overwhelming!
I am 50 and haven’t had a period since August 20. I decided I had to take the plunge as I was having awful palpatations, hot flushes, memory fog and crying at almost everything! :(
I decided to speak to my Dr and was prescribed Oesteogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan 100mg at night. After the first week, I felt amazing- all my menopausal symptoms settled and everything was great…
Then the leg aches started, which I decided to just see if it settles, but it didn’t! My period started around day 17 which was a shock!! Then awful pains throughout my entire body! I spoke to my dr who said don’t take the Utrogestan for a few days and restart and see if the aches come back?  She said it wouldn’t be a side effect anyway and how do I know it’s not just a virus!!! I have heard from others, that it is a side effect! Totally confused!
My Dr said alternative is to take the Utrogestan vaginally or have a coil fitted! Just feel my Dr isnt being very understanding!
Has anyone else had the same experience with Utrogestan? I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has experienced the same side effects with Utrogestan and Oesteogel? Just want some advice as to where I go from here?
Thank you all x

Flossieteacake

Re: New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 02:02:49 PM »

Hello Karen. Welcome to the forum. Utrogestan can cause so many side effects for people. It seems it is best tolerated vaginally. I personally could not tolerate it either way. It is frustrating when GPs do not understand HRT. I would ask to be referred to a menopause clinic. It is a lot easier then trying to deal with a GP who has no knowledge in HRT.

Karen2020

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 02:07:13 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake
Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t get on with the Utrogestan either! Can I ask, did you experience body aches too?
Thank you, I will contact my GP and ask to be referred. :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 02:19:23 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake
Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t get on with the Utrogestan either! Can I ask, did you experience body aches too?
Thank you, I will contact my GP and ask to be referred. :)

It was more my mood. I felt deeply depressed. You could always try it vaginally if you wanted to see if that stopped the body aches. I am glad you are going to ask for a referral.