Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Free Thyroxine and oestradiol results  (Read 1268 times)

Vicky81

Free Thyroxine and oestradiol results
« on: May 26, 2022, 11:53:55 AM »

Hi All,

Just wanted your opinions please?

Just had my latest female hormone blood results from Medichecks 24th may.

Thyroid -
TSH - 1.16
Free Thyroxine - 11.8 (told this was in low range and could indicate underactive thyroid?) and this has been declining each time i have had my blood tests done since April.

Symptoms i am having is anxiety, feeling the cold more, very brittle nails, extreme fatigue, mood swings, depression no interest in anything at all.

Oestrogen -325. This is a HUGE drop since 5th May which was 623.

I started 100mg patches 19th April for 6 days, then went up and down so much for a couple weeks, been on the 50mg patch for 7 days now.

Any thoughts? Advice? Do i need Levothyroxine? xxxx

Vicky81

Re: Free Thyroxine and oestradiol results
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 11:55:24 AM »

When i say i went up and down, i meant to say that i upped the patch, then down, then up etc....stupidly!! Now on50mg

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 12:52:17 PM »

I've no advice Vicky, but that is just below the normal range that my private clinic gave me. Mine is 14.

Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along x

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 01:03:49 PM »

Thanks Crispy xx

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 03:26:35 PM »

Hi did you get the acceptable ranges on your blood test results ? x

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 06:47:02 PM »

Hi yes i did .  And the free thyroxine was low at 11.8

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 07:27:19 PM »

You need to speak to a doctor to get advice. x

GeckoKath

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2022, 02:18:51 PM »

Hi Vicky81,

Sorry to jump on your post, I just wondered if you could advise me re thyroid test.
Do you find Medicheck to be good? Been suggested to me my thyroid might not be working as it should but thinking of getting private test as my dr will only do TSH I believe. I too struggle to keep warm, especially my feet, have quite brittle nails and feel exhausted much of the time, plus I have anxiety and little interest in most things. I’ve just started HRT, and initially it seemed to be helping, but then I had to change brand due to shortages and now I feel rubbish again? Hoping you have managed to get some help/answers from your GP and you feel better.
Many thanks

Donna-paul

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 03:37:38 PM »

Mine is exactly same 11.8 and 0.87 told satisfactory by Gp
Has your hair gone thin on top and you get breathless?
My ferritin 39 and cortisol 328 which dr said normal but test say I should have a synacthen test ?

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2022, 04:43:04 PM »

Hi gecko- yes medichecks are really good and get results back so quickly via email. My consultant explained it all to me yesterday in that to have an under active thyroid, the TSH must be showing above 4. Which mine isn't so they told me  not to worry. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Donna- wow exactly the same eh! As above I don't think its anything to worry about...but I'm going to get checked regularly non the less.
No my hair seems to be ok, I guess a little thin, and no don't get breathless hun. Let me know how you get on xxx

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 12:35:18 PM »

Hi Vicky81,

I’m hypothyroid and can tell you that to get a diagnosis you really need to know what your T3 levels are not just your T4. T4 is a storage hormone (looks like it’s expressed as free thyroxine in your test results). TSH is also pretty meaningless. T3 is the active hormone and the one we are most concerned about as hypothyroid patients. Most GPS know nothing about treating the thyroid and anything above 4 for your TSH to be declared hypothyroid I’m afraid is utterly useless. I wouldn’t be able to get out of bed if my levels were 4. They were higher than 4 when I first diagnosed but by then I was totally chronic and it doesn’t mean you don’t need thyroxine replacement to feel well. I hope you aren’t hypothyroid as it’s another complication to manage alongside HRT but important to get a proper diagnosis.

I strongly recommend you post your full test results with reference ranges on thyroid UKs website. The administrators on there are extremely helpful and will be advise you in relation to your results and what you might look at doing next. Make sure you post all results along with reference ranges for your thyroid test. If you didn’t get the test that includes T3, (the Advanced Thyroid Function Test will have everything you need) I can tell you now that the first thing they will tell you to do is to have that Medichecks test before 9am on an empty stomach. If your worried about your thyroid please go to that forum for more help. Thyroid UK have a discount code you can use too for this test so we’ll worth a visit. The forum is part of Health Unlocked, let me know if you have any issues finding it but should be able to Google it I hope fairly easily.

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 12:43:22 PM »

Blue- wow thank you so very much ! I will deffo do this!
Ok so I have my results here-
4th May,- free T3- 5.08 range(3.1 - 6.8)

24th May
Free T3- 4.61 range as above.

Any ideas?? Xxx

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 12:51:56 PM »

Ok, so you can convert T4 to T3 naturally, this is a big positive relief (some people can’t) but your conversion to T3 levels has declined looking at your latest results. It needs to be in the upper range to feel well. It could be your body is no longer producing enough T4 naturally to be able to convert enough T3. Post your results on the forum and see what advice you get back, they will be able to give you more insight by reviewing all the results together from each test (e.g. your TSH, free T4, free T3 etc) from the same test.

Vicky81

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »

Awww great il do this now xxx

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2022, 12:56:12 PM »

OK, great - the good news is your aren’t chronic if at all hypothyroid at the moment. You may get comments back but wait for an administrator to respond before you close the chapter off. Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2