Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dosage, testosterone, and less common symptoms.Any advice appreciated  (Read 681 times)

GeckoKath

• First Flush

Hello All,
I’m new here so apologies if I’m posting in the wrong place- my head is full of cotton wool! Or that’s how it feels just lately.
I’m 52, have had symptoms for about 4 years, and was originally prescribed anti depressants by my GP and told to get a grip really- I initially presented with sudden and severe anxiety out of nowhere. Anyway, I have finally managed to be prescribed HRT earlier this year after new symptoms arose, and I thought I was going mad- Female locum doc who was lovely. (Oestrogel pump, no need for progesterone as had hysterectomy 12 years ago but ovaries retained). Then the HRT shortage struck and Oestrogel pump was no longer available. (I had seen some slight improvements on this, but I had only had enough for 1 months supply-dosage 2 pumps at 0.75mg). Now on Sandrena 0.5 mg x2 sachets, so a reduction in estrodiol. Asked my GP (male!) if I could increase to three sachets but he said not advisable, could try for a very short period but needed to reduce dose if anything?! Is this considered a high dose?? I’m just so so tried all the time, I struggle to sleep at times, struggle to exercise (have always tried to keep fit), sweat like I’m in an oven at times, feel lethargic, and I’m back on the anti depressants as my anxiety has returned. I have difficultly in concentrating on anything, and my body temperature is all over the place- especially my feet- cold much of the time, but also burning and tingly at times/in bed. My feet are also really achy and just hurt all the time. My calves ache too. Blimey, I sound like a right moaner! Sorry ladies, just wondered if anyone else has any experience/advice on any of this? Also, one last question, has anyone any experience on taking testosterone? Thanks for reading ladies x

Gnatty

That is certainly not a high dose! I think there is a conversion chart somewhere on this site for you to compare, alternatively on the Newson health Balance website there will be one. It definitely sounds as though you need more oestrogen, then once you are settled you can think about adding in testosterone. Sandrena also comes in 1mg sachets so you wouldn't need quite so many of those.

Marchlove

Hi, Big welcome to the forum!

Some of your symptoms sound like thyroid issues especially the temperature control. Have you had your thyroid tested? X

GeckoKath

• First Flush

Thanks so much Gnatty and Marchlove for replying.

I’ll check out the conversion chart for sure. My Gp make me feel like I shouldn’t be taking it at all, or is that my anxiety kicking in?!?  ;)

I had a TSH test back in June 18 and it was ‘normal’, but not had one since. Never had a T4/T3 test either? Anyone tried a home thyroid testing kit, and if so, any good?

Thanks again ladies xx

Amazing grace

Medichecks do good home blood tests, reliable good service, done with a finger **** at home, get your results quickly I've used them a few times and always pleased with the service.