Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot patch change from oestrogel  (Read 723 times)

Sfifties

Estradot patch change from oestrogel
« on: May 25, 2022, 03:05:04 PM »

Hi ,
Could someone share their experience of changing from oestrogel to estradot patch please ?
Given the global shortage it has been impossible to get some oestrogel or sandrena gel which are the only type of estrogen i had ever tried .
I have been given a prescription of estradot 100( was on 4 oestrogel pumps) but really wondering if anyone can tell me if they have felt different bad or good when chsnging .
Thanks

laszla

Re: Estradot patch change from oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 05:01:19 PM »

I changed to estradot from oestrogel earlier this year and it was a complete failure. For 2 years I was on 2 pumps of estrogel but was not absorbing so the meno clinic prescribed 4 pumps of gel but suggested I try estradot 100 as it was a lot of gel to apply. 2 months later my anxiety had escalated to an alarming level and sure enough when I tested my blood it had plummeted since switching to estradot.
That said, there are probably just as many women who absorb better from patches than gel. I had a horrible experience with estradot but am glad that I tried as now I know and had I not tried I would always have wondered if I would have absorbed better on it.

Sfifties

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 06:24:22 PM »

Thank you laszla,
May i ask what are u using now?
No idea what else i could try that is not a pill .

laszla

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 06:31:48 PM »

I am back on estrogel, mainly because I can't yet see the clinic to come up with another solution so in the meantime am managing things myself. At least I know from before that I absorb more estrogel than estradot so am staying with gel for now at an increased dose.
If you don't want to take pills (me neither) then the options are pretty much gel or patches. Perhaps try the patch and see how you go - if it works for you it is vastly more convenient that slathering on 4 pumps of gel every day (though I understand Sandrena is a "smaller" gel).

Sfifties

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 06:34:24 PM »

I am fine with the gel oestrogel or sandrena , i just can’t get any it seems to be out of stock everywhere and i have tried lots of places…

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 10:09:12 AM »

Hi There is Lenzetto spray but I think thats hard to get too. x