Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Timing utrogestan sequi to conti  (Read 656 times)

laszla

Timing utrogestan sequi to conti
« on: May 24, 2022, 06:33:44 PM »

If and when I ever get a decent amount of estradiol absorption (still a distant fantasy) I will consider switching to continuous utrogestan as I will be taking a lot of estrogen - am currently on 4 pumps estrogel which I'll maintain for another month and then increase if necessary even up to double that.
I take 100 utrogestan for 10 days vaginally (endometrium fine at last scan) so how would I time the transition?

Would I have my withdrawal bleed and then start taking it every day?
I seem to remember having read on here that rather than wait til the very last drop of blood has gone that you should start conti when the heaviest part of the bleed is over as the endometrium will already by building up in the final stage of the bleed...
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Timing utrogestan sequi to conti
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 09:18:08 AM »

Hi! I tried to answer earlier this morning and it wouldn't let me  ::)

Have U put the name of the products into the search box on the Forum to see what pops up?  Make notes ;-).

Hopefully some1 will be along with knowledge!

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 11:31:15 AM »

You should certainly wait til the heaviest part is over, beyond that I doubt it makes much difference as the difference won't be more than a few days. For some people the flow is pretty much the same for the duration, for others there can be several days of hardly anything before it stops. If you're the latter I wouldn't wait for it have stopped completely.

laszla

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 05:03:33 PM »

Thanks ladies - CLKD a search brough up a clearer idea of conti to sequi than viceversa.
Sheila, that's what I was thinking, to wait for the heaviest part of the bleed to end rather than the very last drop.