Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Shaped Oestrogel Bottle Concerns  (Read 3572 times)

Madge79

Re: New Shaped Oestrogel Bottle Concerns
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2023, 10:41:00 AM »

Hi Sue1972 how are you getting on? Did u try  pumps? I’m in the exactly the same position I started a cylinder pack 3 days ago and I am noticing my symptoms coming back! I am certain the same as Pippa52 that since the shortages kicked in a year or so ago it’s not been the same!!! I went from a blood level of 400 down to 60 and I didn’t change my HRT at all! Same dose and been on it for years. I swear the formula must have changed it seemed to happen almost immediately after the bottles changed during the shortages. I thought I was going mad then I saw others had the same.

Hope you are doing ok 😀

Pippa52

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2023, 09:35:37 PM »

Madge79 - I was exactly the same.  I was on the same dose as I had been on all those years and yet - like you my blood level plummeted to 50.  I agree with you totally the formula has definitely changed.  I also asked my new Meno consultant about it last week and she said we are not alone she has seen other women who have found the same. I am now on Estradot patches and back to feeling ok again at long last.   I hope you can sort something out for yourself and will also start feeling better xx

Sue1972

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2023, 07:31:33 AM »

I didn't even have to plead my case with the doctor. It was like they already knew there was an issue with the new bottles.

I really hope this new prescription is different but I am not holding my breath.

I will post back here once I have collected it.

Sue1972

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2023, 02:19:00 PM »

Hi All,

I have picked up my prescription and because of the note from the doctor the pharmacist came to speak to me.
She had not come across this problem but was very happy to let me explain.
She had already noticed that the bottles they were now giving out were in smaller boxes and so was happy to listen to my experience of using the new one.
When she came out to speak to me she had in her hand one of the old bottles so I was able to say that that was the one I needed not the new cylindrical one. I explained that even though all the labelling looked the same and it listed the same ingredients there was a difference and all my symptoms had come back almost instantly.
She said she would go and put up my new prescription and make sure that my repeat was for this type.

I can not tell you how happy I am and I can not wait to apply my gel tonight. x

Sue1972

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2023, 08:28:40 AM »

Update -

I applied the new (old) gel last night and I woke up feeling so much better. I slept well and I didn't have the jitters I have been waking up with since being on the new shaped bottle.

I have also noticed that this gel is more tacky when you apply it, it also seems to absorb quicker and even has a slightly different smell. So even though they say there is no difference, I believe there definitely is.

If any of you are struggling with the new shaped bottles, please ask your doctor to specify Oestrogen rather than Oestrodose.
Huge thanks to Kathleen on this forum for that excellent advice. You have literally saved me from going back to a very dark place.  :clapping:

Pages: 1 [2]