Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan 100mg or 200mg?..I'm so confused (and drugged up like a zombie)!  (Read 4943 times)

Kat36

I started with 100mg utrogestan daily 3 weeks ago(with evorel 25 with a view to increasing dose slowly).  I def felt a zombie (I had a fixed stare and bulging eyes lol) for the first week & ridiculously tired for another week. I have started to feel a little better the past week. Things that seem to help are taking it earlier in the evening so I don’t feel so dreadful in the morning(I don’t mind feeling like that in the evening) and sticking with it and letting my body get used to it.  I also just upped my patch my a quarter and this seems to have alleviated the zombie feeling a bit.  I also take it about three hours after food as opposed to the two…not sure whether that has much impact but it’s working for me.  I’ve spoken to some ladies on another group and all of them stated it took several months before their body really got used to it.  I appreciate though that most of us just can’t lie in bed for weeks on end :). I wish you luck moving forward and hope you find what works for you. 

sheila99

1 pump of gel is half the dose of evorel 50. There's been a thread on scans, I think you can get one for about £80, might be worth using the Search facility. If you have a cycle of your own you can't usually extend it with the hrt cycle as your body will initiate the bleed. In late peri or meno some people use a long cycle, usually 6 weeks (that's what I do). Going off piste is obviously safer if you're on low/medium dose oestrogen.

Dandelion

Morning.

I would really appreciate some advice please.
I am perimenopausal and on Evorel 50, which makes me feel wonderful and alleviates all my symptoms. I'm a few days into my Utrogestan 12 day routine and I can hardly get out of bed. I feel like a total zombie.
I've already spoken to my GP about taking it vaginally instead, but she says she is going to speak to a pharmacist first and hasn't got back to me and didn't seem keen on advising me about it.

I think I really need to change the route to vaginally or I'm going to have to give up. I simply can'y function like this, let alone work or be slightly normal!

I've tried to read up on anything I can find on Newson Health and here about taking it vaginally, but I am confused. Some people halve the dose and even take it alternate days for their 12 day stint. Some stick to 200mg every night. Is it a case of try and see which one is tolerable and works and gives me a bleed or should I definitely be starting on my prescribed dose?
Anyone who has taken it vaginally, I'd really appreciate any advice or thoughts.

I'm slightly desperate as I can't even make my legs work to go and get my morning coffee! Help (or bring me coffee)!!
While UK utro is not licensed for vaginal, I talk it that way.
My GP knows.
I believe it can cause some women bladder irritation.
My bladder gets temperamental, as in, incomplete emptying, no prolapse, I got checked, I think stress does that for me, as other times I can have a nice bladder-emptying satisfying wee :)

Cassie

Hi, JessDevon, I kinda started using it that way a few years back, I only get a bleed every 2 months correct. I use very little gel and get a bleed for about 5 days pretty average amount, nothing heavy. I am due a gynae visit soon so will see how things are looking but I have been on this protocol for several years now.

JessDevon

• First Flush

Thank you everyone. I've had 2 nights of using it vaginally and have also had a reply from my GPs pharmacist that they would be getting back to me with dosage soon, but 2 nights in and all good so far.
Thanks ver much for your advice and support x
Pages: 1 [2]