Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Thoughts on where I am....  (Read 882 times)

Emsie

Thoughts on where I am....
« on: May 24, 2022, 11:50:17 AM »

Hey
Long story, but at the age of 44 I was on the Merina coil, no periods.  From around 45 I started suffering awful anxiety and other things. GP said no too young to be peri.  Suffered until around age 47 and finally got HRT, been up and down since then.

I thought things had finally got sorted when I upped to 3 pumps and felt good for a few months.  I then got covid and a few months later things got worse.  I was a mess, I couldn't cope anymore.  I saw a private doctor who said up to 100 mg, which I did and after 6 weeks I was still a mess.  I appreciate it can take time but I was desperate and seriously worried about my mental health.  I had never been told whether I was actually in peri or menopause, as I was on the coil I have never known what my cycle was doing.  So for my sanity, as I thought I am clearly going mad I came off HRT.

I increased my anxiety tablets.  Within a couple of days of coming off I bled, then I bled again around 20 days later.

I am now nearly at the 3 month mark and have had no further bleeding.

I also had a blood test done recently and my FSH level was 59 and LH level was 41, the doctor said I was menopausal, but wasn't sure what stage.

Do you think I am defo at least in peri or maybe menopause?

I was going to give it at least 6 months, then I would hopefully have some peace of mind where I am.  I am hoping this will help me understand why I have anxiety.

Thanks. E

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thoughts on where I am....
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 01:26:47 PM »

The way to find out if you are actually menopausal as opposed to peri-menopause, is to get rid of the coil.  However, that's a bit drastic.

No one is too young to be in peri .  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Covid is known for altering hormone levels.  Some ladies have had periods after years of nothing.  Research is on-going.

Menopause = the last monthly period.  End of. No more.

Anxiety can be due to hormones or not.  An appropriate anti-anxiety medication may help, if it eases symptoms it is less likely to be related to hormones.  Eating well.  Keeping hydrated.  Gentle exercise can help too.