Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Should i increase my dose  (Read 829 times)

Moonshine54

Should i increase my dose
« on: May 23, 2022, 07:34:07 AM »

Morning lovely ladies.
I have been on this journey for 4 years now. I am nearly 58. I have the mirena coil and 75 m estraderm patches. I cant get to see my GP for a month. I also dont think she is very keen on HRT and has asked me to cut it down in the past. Which also didnt work. I have a history of pmdd.  She has also offered me anti depressants twice.
I feel exhausted,low  , no motivation
 I am tearful  and getting upset over anything. I have had a couple of small flushes but they arent really an issue. Do i need to increase or is there something else wrong with me?  I just dont feel like myself. I also have a,happy marriage and life.  Can you give me some advice please. MOON XX

Floo36

Re: Should i increase my dose
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 07:38:49 AM »

It does sound like you need to increase the dose if you are having low Estrogen symptoms.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 07:56:39 AM »

I think you would benefit from an increase too. Might be worth checking out other causes of fatigue, thyroid, vit d, b12, iron.

Moonshine54

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 08:43:15 AM »

Thank you both for the quick response.  I haven't had any blood tests for over three  years so it might be worth checking.   I think i will increase another 25 and see what happens.
😘😘 x

laszla

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 11:23:14 AM »

I would also absolutely check your blood for estradiol levels to have a baseline of where you are now if you are going to increase your dose which it sounds as if you should.
If you have pms or pmdd agnus castus can be very helpful for some. I take it along with my estrogel and utrogestan and Nick Panay has approved/encouraged this

Moonshine54

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 07:24:20 PM »

Thank you for the advice . Moon xx

I would also absolutely check your blood for estradiol levels to have a baseline of where you are now if you are going to increase your dose which it sounds as if you should.
If you have pms or pmdd agnus castus can be very helpful for some. I take it along with my estrogel and utrogestan and Nick Panay has approved/encouraged this

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 02:10:38 AM »

Morning lovely ladies.
I have been on this journey for 4 years now. I am nearly 58. I have the mirena coil and 75 m estraderm patches. I cant get to see my GP for a month. I also dont think she is very keen on HRT and has asked me to cut it down in the past. Which also didnt work. I have a history of pmdd.  She has also offered me anti depressants twice.
I feel exhausted,low  , no motivation
 I am tearful  and getting upset over anything. I have had a couple of small flushes but they arent really an issue. Do i need to increase or is there something else wrong with me?  I just dont feel like myself. I also have a,happy marriage and life.  Can you give me some advice please. MOON XX
Sorry you are feeling this way.

Not been able to see your GP for the whole month? That sounds really bad.

I do not know why some doctors are still no pain to give HRT to women, now that it is well known that the risks are not so bad.

Can you see another doctor?

I am not a lover of antidepressants.
Why is another chemical in when all you need is more hormone? That is just my opinion, I am not professional.

I need educating myself even though I am on oestrogen. I know it stops flushes flushes, and I know it stops IBS and night sweats, but I need educating and the effects of oestrogen and mood
I take oestrogen and progesterone and I am not sure which one reduces anxiety and depression.
I am not on enough oestrogen, I still get night sweats, I get depression and anxiety. I am not sure if hormones are the cause of my depression and anxiety, or whether it is lack of oestrogen.
The doctors have reduced my oestrogen because I bled when I took more so I do not really want to take more. Sorry I am not of much help but I do wish you the best of luck in getting what you need.

Smokey

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 10:57:30 AM »

Definitely sounds like you need more oestrogen.  Can you get a doc appointment to discuss. If not could you cut o e of your 75 patches down to 1/3rd making it a 25 and try it to see if it makes a difference?  If it doesn’t well at least you know it’s not your oestrogen causing you your symptoms.

I’ve just added An extra 1/2 a pump of gel to my 100mg patches as was getting really bad anxiety and within 24hrs it disappeared.

Dandelion have you thought of having the marina coil fitted then your bleeding would probably disappear and you could have more oestrogen.

Smokey (Ann)