Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Crushing Fatigue? Your stories..  (Read 641 times)

KaraShannon

Crushing Fatigue? Your stories..
« on: May 23, 2022, 01:21:36 PM »

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if really bad fatigue, to the point of struggling to do anything sometimes, is part of the menopause package / experience?

I have other things, like hypothyroidism, but that was always controlled well since 2000.  Always had a bit of fatigue but never to this extent, never to the point where I'm having to cancel things and then, even when I've cancelled stuff I still don't feel I'm functioning that great.  Well, unless you call doing really well at sleeping as an achievement, but oh, never at night when I'm supposed to.

It comes and goes but I suppose I'm interested in other's stories, especially if it's something that does lift after a while.

Dotty

Re: Crushing Fatigue? Your stories..
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 03:03:32 PM »

Yes...definitely.  I was totally exhausted and couldn't do anything, but I couldn't sleep x

Sfifties

Re: Crushing Fatigue? Your stories..
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 03:08:29 PM »

Hi ,
I went through extreme fatigue , especially in the morning , i just had no energy to do anything.
My blood test showed low calcium and vitamin D levels and within a few weeks of supplementing i feel like i have definitely more energy.
I understand it might not be your case but blood test sometimes can provide answers .