Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 4 months in on Evorel Conti - now bleeding won’t stop  (Read 3361 times)

Jan1234

Re: 4 months in on Evorel Conti - now bleeding won’t stop
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2022, 08:45:35 PM »

Hi jett My gp as recommended the same to me when i spoke to her 8 weeks ago i feel exactly the same as you i really dont want one,  thats when i said il try the gel and ultrogeston a little longer to see if it settles but it hvnt ive gone 3 weeks this time and spotting as started again and terrible period pains so ive got 2 speak to her again but i dont want the mirena i know shes going pressure me ai i dont know what to do
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 08:50:01 PM by Jan1234 »

Jett

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 09:14:18 PM »

Hi Jan,

It’s so difficult to know what to do isn’t it! It’s the thought of how you get it back out again if you don’t feel right once it’s in.

I am going to try and find out as much as possible about it but am thinking if I start to bleed again I will probably try it (if the doctor convinces me it can be removed easily enough if it doesn’t agree with me).

Let me know how you get on.  I hope things settle for you, would be great if you could avoid it if you really don’t want it.

Jxxx

SarahJayne

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2022, 10:57:32 AM »

Hi Jett

I was also offered the Mirena coil by my GP a couple of years ago. I also ummed and ahhed because I didn’t want something inside me that I had no control over. I eventually went onto patches and as I suffered severe bleeding and awful moods I ripped them off and cold turkeyed it. But I could control them and that for me was key. Also, I’d seen stories of GP’s reluctant to remove them, wanting women to ‘perservere’ for a bit longer.
My experience is a little negative but I’m sure there’s loads of positive ones out there, what’s important is that it is your choice (which I suppose goes against the coil in the first place as you have no control over it- if you get my drift).
Good luck with your choices.

Jett

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2022, 08:31:17 PM »

Hi PoppyToast and SarahJayne,

Thank you both so much for sharing your experiences.

SarahJayne, I have decided the Mirena Coil will be my last resort- I will try it if it comes to it but I can’t deal easily with it being out of my control just as you have said you felt too.

PoppyToast,

Your experience sounds really difficult and the fact you took matters into your own hands literally says it all for me.  I think it’s really bad that doctors would not remove it when you felt so awful- this kind of thing is what really puts me off the idea.

I have stopped bleeding thankfully- I have been ok for about 10 days.  I only have half a patch on though.  I am thinking I will stick here with this though.  If I start to bleed again I will ask for oral progesterone and if that doesn’t work last chance saloon will be the Mirena coil.

Thanks both again, you have confirmed what my gut was telling me.

Jxxx

Jan1234

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 07:46:47 AM »

Hi jett i also spoke again with my gp last week my bleeding as also stopped but im still having slight spotting only about once a day but she told me now to add another pump of oestrogel and to talke my ultrogeston orally instead of vaginally which i have upped the oestrogel dosage but im still taking ultrogeston vaginally i cant cope with the side effects if i take them orally, she also gave me transmatic acid to take if bleeding comes heavier to try and stop bleed if that dont work shes said i got no other option but have a mirena coil ive told her no can i go back on kliofem and she said they wont work now, so im hoping now that just the slight spotting im having will settle im nearly 5 months in now on this hrt so im praying now that it will settle, if not im same as you i dont know what im going do i cant cope without hrt tryed be4, but im def not having the mirena

joziel

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 09:02:05 PM »

I was told by one GP that I had to have the Mirena in order to have HRT because I have a history of mild endo. It was all she knew to recommend to stop endo recurrence. At the moment I am totally fine on HRT without Mirena, just with the desogestrel POP added in.... I didn't want the Mirena unless it was absolutely the last option and I'd tried everything else.

You could try what I'm doing, which is HRT plus the POP. It's officially bestowed approval by the powers that be and lots of women are on the POP as contraception alongside HRT during peri-menopause.

Desogestrel has actually been trialled as the progesterone component of HRT in one study, where they gave women double the POP dose - it kept the uterine lining thin and was effective but the study was too small to use as recommendations officially. But it does show that it is functioning as a progesterone for HRT purposes and so adding it in with your HRT progesterone could help stop bleeding... (I used to just buy mine online from online pharmacies rather than go through my GP, by the way.)

Otherwise, with the Mirena, whilst there are horror stories it does seem to be a Marmite thing - women either absolutely love it and rave about it and wish they'd tried it sooner and not been scared or they have issues of some degree or other. The vast majority seem to end up really happy with it.

Nas

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 09:13:03 PM »

Is there some kind of campaign to completely put women off the Mirena ?
If you read potential side effects of utrogestan and any other progesterone for that matter, they don’t make great reading either.

I am on week 2 of my Mirena trial and the jury is still out. But reading some women’s anti Mirena comments, I wondered whether there is something about it, that I don’t know about?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:21:16 PM by Nas »

joziel

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 09:53:41 PM »

I don't think a few people sharing their worries about using something can be deemed a 'campaign to put women off' it.

Pages: 1 [2]