Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling worse!  (Read 1473 times)

Clarella

Feeling worse!
« on: June 13, 2022, 06:16:26 AM »

It’s only been a week but I don’t understand why I’m feeling worse on 75 patch?

I did 62ish for a week or so before.

The first two patches seemed to be wonderful last week, apart from extremely achey legs from standing. Since then I’ve had daily aches and insomnia with aches at 2 am, though do get back to sleep after taking paracetamol.  Occasionally feel like a mild hot flush in bed.

I know some say symptoms can get worse when going up but they got better and then worse?!

No breast pain and my thinking is clear which is good!

Hopeful

Re: Feeling worse!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 09:39:56 AM »

Hi clarella
Sorry your feeling like this, perhaps you have increased too quickly from the 62,  a week is not really long enough for the body to adjust maybe go back down for a month and see how you feel.

joziel

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 09:53:40 AM »

I'm also on 62.5  ;D

The insomnia thing is weird. I had no problems sleeping before HRT (except when I got woken up by sweats). I was a 'head hits the pillow and next thing is it's 8am'.

But since starting HRT, especially since moving from 50 to 62.5, I am waking almost like clockwork at 4.30am. Most of the time I go back to sleep for a few more hours but the sleep isn't as deep as it was before 4am. I think it's the estrogen increase and am hoping it settles....

You could go back to 62.5 for a good 12wks....

Clarella

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 11:14:34 AM »

Hi, thanks both.

Ha, I forgot that Joziel!

I was only on the 62.5 as I had an oestrogen blood test and then whacked another half patch on for a week before the review. I was getting enough hot sweats to know I’d be able to go up (didn’t realise how low oestrogen would be though.)

I’ve been trying to remember what it was like when I first started and I think I had early waking at 4 am for quite a while. It did pass though.

I have to say this morning  I’ve felt motivated enough to do a work out (which is new - I’ve got MUTU from when I had my now 4 year old, only half way through!) and managed easily. I’m just v v stiff and achey.

I don’t fancy dropping back now. Will have to ride it out. I just wondered if it was normal as I keep worrying I’m on too much thyroxine. 

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 01:14:54 PM »

Well you've given me hope, telling me this 4am waking up thing will pass. It's really weird. I wondered if it was because it's when dawn is at the moment, with birds singing and getting light out etc - but I've never had this before in all the other summers of my life  ;D especially not consistently every single night!

joziel

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 01:25:07 PM »

PS Are you on testosterone? Because that's supposed to really help with joint pain and being stiff and achey.

Clarella

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 03:05:01 PM »

No not yet as I’m under a Gp. If things don’t improve in 2-3 months I’m considering going private for that reason as libido is also low.

She did say she had prescribed it but hoped the current regime might help.

Clarella

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 08:32:12 PM »

Argh, leg pains back again with avengence.

I remember similar when on the pill at first I think. Hoping will go.

Sprayed a load of magnesium so hoping that helps!

joziel

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »

I had all kinds of aches and pains and they have really gotten better and I reckon that is mostly the testosterone, not the estrogen for me. I also just feel stronger generally, can work out for longer, more energy and that kinda thing.

Kat36

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 06:21:30 PM »

Hi Clarella, I’m not sure how much help I can be but I was told by my doc that doses should only be increased every 4 weeks at the earliest…gives it time to settle in I guess. Hope you feel better soon!

Clarella

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 08:49:55 PM »

Thank you both. Glad things are improving for you Joz!

Thank you re the 4 week suggestion, I hadn’t intended to do 62.5, I was desperate to go up and felt it was ok to do so before I saw the Gp. I also had to ration the patches! but perhaps staying at that level for a month would have been wiser. I am impatient! 

I’m now sleeping much better. Hoorah! My joints haven’t been great but I exercised on Monday and I think they’ve protested about that.

I did a lot of stretches, magnesium spray and massaging (with my hands and one of those vibrating things I’ve found helpful in the past) last night and I actually didnt feel too bad this morning.

Morning aches are definitely starting to improve generally.

However, My legs, knees down, feel extremely painful during the afternoon onwards at work. On my own with the kids so couldn’t really rest them properly till 8. I’m taking the approach if “they need more exercise.” And hoping for the best!