Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 4 months in on Evorel Conti - now bleeding won’t stop  (Read 3362 times)

Jett

I’m hoping some of you lovely lot can help me put my mind at rest. I have been in Evorel Conti since the end of January - 3 weeks ago I bled for a week stopped for a week and now I am bleeding again and there are no signs of it easing off a week in.  It seems other folks have had this happen too.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience like this and when did the bleeding stop or did you need to come off Evorel Conti or change to a different HRT?

I am really getting drained from all the blood loss and really hoping it eases soon.  If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

Thanks so much

Jett xxx

Nas

Re: 4 months in on Evorel Conti - now bleeding won’t stop
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 08:15:32 PM »

Evorel conti is well known for causing bleeding. I think it’s a horrid Hrt; it gave me the worst cramps ever.

I would look at switching to something else. Others may get on with it okay though.

Xx

Jett

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 08:27:24 PM »

Thanks very much Nas, I have a call with the doctor this week so I will see what she says about trying something else. 

I have actually felt quite good on it up to now.  It has helped so much with brain fog, sleep and anxiety but it’s not really practical energy level wise losing blood at this rate.

I appreciate your answer , thank you xxx

Nas

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »

It’s a shame that the bleeding is happening, if the patch is helping with other symptoms.

Maybe it will settle down for you. You are still within the six month window for bleeding.

I don’t really understand bleeding on a combined patch, as the ratio of Oestrogen to progesterone is meant to be carefully balanced?

Best of luck Jett.
The good thing is, that there are alternatives if Conti continue to make you bleed going forward.

:) x

Jett

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 08:21:20 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have been reading all the posts on the forum about different types of progesterone and am thinking about asking the doctor on Friday if I would be able to try Utrogestan along with evorel oestrogen only patch to see if it will stop the bleeding.

I was wondering if  there was anyone else on this combination and how they found it.

I don’t think I would have any problems getting Provera but it seems if she will give me it Utrogestan is better as body identical?

I feel like I am guessing here and I am just hassling the doctors - I feel like if I go in the phone and ask for something specific I have more chance of getting something to stop the bleeding…

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks everyone xxx

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 02:02:49 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have been reading all the posts on the forum about different types of progesterone and am thinking about asking the doctor on Friday if I would be able to try Utrogestan along with evorel oestrogen only patch to see if it will stop the bleeding.

I was wondering if  there was anyone else on this combination and how they found it.

I don’t think I would have any problems getting Provera but it seems if she will give me it Utrogestan is better as body identical?

I feel like I am guessing here and I am just hassling the doctors - I feel like if I go in the phone and ask for something specific I have more chance of getting something to stop the bleeding…

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks everyone xxx
I'm on evorel and utrogestan.

Here's my story.

I needed the max dose of evorel to stop symptoms - 100mcg.

I bled, and got scan, slightly thickened womb lining, so they did hysteroscopy and no cancer.

GP reduced me to 75mcg evorel, ok for a bit, bleeds returned.

Reduced to 50mcg, ok for a bit, bleeds returned.

Reduced to 25mcg, ok, I think, I get brown spotting on my pad, light brown, can't tell if pinkish, I get a bit neurotic about bleeds, I don't worry about cancer, I just don't like mucking about with hot, as 25mcg not enough to take night sweats away, I think, possibly, the reduction in oestrogen caused a bit of anxiety, but I am not sure whether anxiety is a symptom of lack of oestrogen.
I would like to know if anyone can tell me please?

Don't let my story scare you.
Loads of women post here.
I guess women on large oestrogen doses don't bleed and some on small doses do, and the majority of bleeds are not cancer.

Jett

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 07:09:13 AM »

Hi Dandelion,

Thank you for sharing your story.  I think low estrogen does cause anxiety - it’s one of the main reasons I am trying HRT.  Since my non stop bleed I have cut myself down to half a patch while waiting on doc call to see if it helped the bleeding tail off.  It didn’t help the bleeding but I am now super anxious and not sleeping again.

I’m glad your scan was all clear that is good news.

Take care,

Jett xxx

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 01:13:20 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

Thank you for sharing your story.  I think low estrogen does cause anxiety - it’s one of the main reasons I am trying HRT.  Since my non stop bleed I have cut myself down to half a patch while waiting on doc call to see if it helped the bleeding tail off.  It didn’t help the bleeding but I am now super anxious and not sleeping again.

I’m glad your scan was all clear that is good news.

Take care,

Jett xxx
Sorry to hear that you are really anxious.
Sorry it has not stopped the bleeding.
Good luck with your doctor.

Jett

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 02:06:51 AM »

Thank you Dandelion,

The bleeding is just getting heavier- I think I am going to have to take the half patch off, I just want it to stop!

:(

I hope this doesn’t make things even worse.

Jxxx

Jan1234

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 08:26:20 AM »

Jett im havinh same problem been on hrt for years but changed to ultrogeston and the gel 4 months ago feel good on it but bleeding all the time, ive gone 9 days now without a bleed and today im in agony with period pains so i know im gping bleed again, i changed 2 this one as gp said it was safer but it looks like il be ringing my gp again let us know how you get on

SarahJayne

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 07:16:06 AM »

Hi Jett,

I had the same on Evorel Conti, non stop bleeding, flooding, whatever you want to call it and dreadful mood swings.  I just ripped the patch off in the end. Couple of weeks of unsettled moods etc and then (touch wood) no bleeding. Still have some of the problems I had before HRT but I find them easier to cope with knowing what the alternative is.
Hope you’re ok soon.

Jett

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 04:55:07 PM »

Hi SarahJayne and Jan,

Thanks both for your replies, it just helps so much to know other folks are going through this too, though I wish you weren’t.

The doctor wouldn’t change my HRT prescription without seeing me so I have to go and see another doctor the week after next.  N the meantime the bleeding is finally slowing and I have half a patch on.  If it starts again it’s coming off and I will go cold turkey.  I can’t function with that level of blood loss.

So we will see what the doc I actually see in person says.  I have fibroids in the mix so could be them giving me bother, though they are not actually giving me and pain or discomfort so no idea.

I will update with what doc says in case it helps anyone else in this situation.

Thanks again for your replies xxx

Jan1234

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2022, 09:43:17 PM »

Yes jett please let us know how you get on, i had polyps/fibroids last year and had to stop hrt until they was removed as my gynecology said that they thrive off hrt which makes bleeding worse so i was off hrt for 8 weeks didn't bleed at all bit suffered without it good luck and keep us updated.

Jett

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 09:01:13 PM »

Hi Jan,

I spoke to a doctor about the fibroids and HRT and they said sometimes they grow on HRT and sometimes not, I think it depends on the person.  When I first tried just the oestrogen only evorel 25 I could actually feel my fibroids get irritated and puff up so I had to stop.  There was a couple weeks bleeding then they settled I didn’t even get to try the progesterone part of the cycle.  The conti patch seemed better and not aggravating them and I was improving symptom wise until the 3 week bleed.  It has still stopped and my appointment is a week today.

I came in the door from work today and lay on the floor for 20mins before I could move because I was so wiped out though- does anyone else get this level of fatigue?

Will let you know what doc says next week xxx

Jett

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2022, 04:12:03 PM »

The doc had recommended a mirena coil to stop fibroids growing, prevent any future bleeding and allow oestrogen dose to be altered independently.

I can see the logic but I feel so wary about having something inside me I can’t take out is that mental? In case it slips or I take a weird reaction…

Has anyone had any life changing success with the mirena coil?

Thanks for any advice

Jxxx
Pages: [1] 2