Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Fibroid Degeneration/ Shrinking?  (Read 748 times)

SarahJayne

Fibroid Degeneration/ Shrinking?
« on: May 20, 2022, 09:59:59 AM »

Looking for some advice…
So, not sure if I’m peri/ post yet. Tried HRT last Summer and bled for 6 months so finished with that pretty quick. Been on vagifem since March 2021.
I’ve had a fairly large fibroid for a few years, last year it measure 10cm x10cm, and I’m waiting on embolization.
Last few weeks had a 10 day hormonal migraine and 10 days of light spotting after 7 months of no spotting but regular (monthly) hormonal migraines. I now have low down mild cramping and slight ache on left side, no spotting, no bleeding, no migraine.
GP has written to consultant to verify my peri/ post status as consultant thought I was probably post but with bleeding last year, GP not convinced. Only had a telephone consult with consultant, no exam etc so who knows! GP feels as I’ve been having hormonal migraines I’m not post meno as they generally don’t happen post menopausal. Most info here and out there is by HRT users, which I find helpful, but not really applicable to me.
Could the cramping be the fibroid (intramural) playing up?
I’m guessing if I have low oestrogen levels it could be shrinking of its own accord?
GP has recommended coming off vagifem temporarily as it is localised oestrogen and she felt it was worth laying off it for a bit to see if I still need it. Which is ok with me.
Anyone else out there (not on HRT) had similar issues?
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 03:12:05 PM by SarahJayne »

Jett

Re: Fibroid Degeneration/ Shrinking?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »

Hi SarahJayne,

I have fibroids too and when they get aggravated and start playing up it feels like cramping to the side.  Weirdly I have found even when I eat or drink dairy it makes them flare up, I think due to the hormones in dairy.

I hope you get your embolization soon and things start to improve. 

Jxx