Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello, lots of questions, will start with the first!  (Read 680 times)

Tumbleweed

Hello, lots of questions, will start with the first!
« on: May 22, 2022, 11:08:30 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am unable to write on the computer much due to shoulder injury at the moment and other health problems meaning I can't type a lot or very often but I have some questions I hope others can help me with.

I am on low dose (very sensitive to hormones) continuous HRT starting three months ago, 1 1/2 25mcg Estraderm patch (25 seems too low and 50 seems too high at the moment after a bit of experimentation so 1 1/2 it is for now)

On the Utrogestan leaflet, it says if you are taking 100mg a night which I am, to take from days 1-25.  Does that include taking on day 25 itself also or do they mean stop and not take on day 25?  Also do you stop from days 25-28 and then start again after day 28, repeating the cycle each month?

I am 53 but still have a period every three months or so and my body feels it still needs those periods.  Wondered about three monthly only Utrogestan but then it helps with my sleep a bit so would rather continuous but with the breaks every month for a few days to allow for a period if my body needs to have one.

I suffer from another health problem (chronic immune dysfunction with polyneuropathy) that makes judging how to get HRT doses and regimes right a bit difficult as it's difficult to gauge whether how I feel is due to not having the correct hormone balance or more to do with the ups and downs of my immune disorder.

More questions later (finding all this quite confusing as fairly new to HRT) but thanks for any input in advance.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, lots of questions, will start with the first!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 11:11:42 AM »

:welcomemm:

Do you mean that you are aware of your hormone fluctuations?  Peri-menopause begins as far away from the final period, i.e. 10 years when we note changes.  I would say 1-25 included both nights.

What does it suggest on the leaflet, mayB speak to your Prescribing Practitioner for clarification: however.  They may not have much more idea than you have  ::)

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful.  Browse round, make notes ;-).

Ecl

Re: Hello, lots of questions, will start with the first!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 02:16:44 PM »

Hi Tumbleweed,

Yes I think you are correct, it means take it on day 1 to 25 inclusive. Then stop for days 26-28 inclusive, then start again as day 1.
My periods are about three monthly and I take utrogestan cyclically, so do days 15-26 inclusively then a break from days 27, 28, 1-14. I get a bleed about every 3 months.
It is important not to wait for your period to start counting your days again as this could lead to a build up of your lining when your periods are so far apart.
HTH
Ecl