Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Peri Symptoms Back  (Read 830 times)

elsie001

Peri Symptoms Back
« on: May 20, 2022, 10:01:59 AM »

I'm 56 and have been on hrt since I was 48 - Mirena coil for progesterone and Estradot 50microgram patch (switched from tablets as am a migraine sufferer).

I had a short bleed a couple of weeks ago (first in a long, long time) and have also had tender breasts, a couple of hot flushes, daily migraines and general low mood/anxiety.

I'm lucky to have a sympathetic GP, but I do find it easier to research my problem and tell her what she should do, rather than ask for her advice!

I'm thinking this could be oestrogen levels too high or too low? Not absorbing the patch so well any more? Mirena not pumping out enough progesterone (have had current one 3 years)? I started taking a daily collagen supplement in April - could this be contributing to how I feel?

Grateful for any thoughts/experiences.

Floo36

Re: Peri Symptoms Back
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 01:45:09 PM »

Sounds like you need just a little more Estrogen, as your symptoms indicate this.  Your own Estrogen has probably dropped a bit more. Could you increase by 25mg patch seeing as it has suited you so far?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 04:53:42 PM »

I agree you might need higher oestrogen - but also if you have had a bleed for the first time in...how long (?) - might be wise to consult your doctor. Although you are 56 a few women do have late menopause at this age so could be a last fling of your ovaries, especially as you had tender breasts?

Hurdity x

elsie001

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 04:16:16 PM »

Thanks Floo and Hurdity, I googled low oestrogen symptoms and definitely ticked most, if not all, boxes!  I've sent an e-consult to my surgery asking if my patches could be changed to 75's, so fingers crossed.  I've actually stuck another 50mcg patch on in the meantime (naughty, I know) but I feel so much better for it!

Hurdity, it has been a while since my last breakthrough bleed - there's been a few since my first mirena coil fitting approx 6 years ago - the hot flushes certainly took me by surprise, as did the sore boobs! I would be so chuffed if this was a last fling for my ovaries - suppose time will tell!

Thanks again.