Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Spray magnesium  (Read 880 times)

losttheplot

Spray magnesium
« on: May 21, 2022, 11:32:19 AM »

Hi all. What are your thoughts on magnesium in a spray for use on your skin? Am I wasting my money? I'm wondering how much magnesium actually gets into the blood stream?

I've been using it for a month now & I'm still getting the slightly unpleasant localised stinging, even though I'm using one that is advertised as being more suitable if you are 'sensitive'. The makers say the sting should stop as your body becomes accustomed to it, obviously not for me  :-\
Thanks

CrispyChick

Re: Spray magnesium
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 12:23:20 PM »

Oh, I'm taking the better you one. But I only take 4 sprays a night as I take 300mg oral.

I like it. Is it doing anything for me? I'm not sure. I did have a sore leg last week, so I used it there and it resolved in 2 days... Might have done anyway I guess.

My stinging has stopped. I thought they said it stings if you are low. So I kinda thought between that and oral, I was now getting sufficient, which is why it stopped stinging???  :-\

Maybe add a good quality oral too.

losttheplot

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 04:49:10 PM »

Oh, I'm taking the better you one. But I only take 4 sprays a night as I take 300mg oral.

I like it. Is it doing anything for me? I'm not sure. I did have a sore leg last week, so I used it there and it resolved in 2 days... Might have done anyway I guess.

My stinging has stopped. I thought they said it stings if you are low. So I kinda thought between that and oral, I was now getting sufficient, which is why it stopped stinging???  :-\

Maybe add a good quality oral too.
I dare not change to full strength spray, the stinging is bad enough with the sensitive spray. So yes may be I should use an oral magnesium too. Thank you CrispyChick

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 06:34:31 PM »

Hi, Stinging is supposed to reflect that  you are low in magnesium. I had it and it stung badly to begin with. It took a few weeks and wore off. I also take 200 mg magnesium through the day.
Almost everyone is deficient.
It helps your body process Vitamin D.

Wait 20 minutes and wash off - apparently this can help .

Do not take magnesium oxide though.

PMXX