Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel to Lenzetto  (Read 1532 times)

Meeka

Oestrogel to Lenzetto
« on: May 21, 2022, 09:18:16 AM »

Hi everyone ,
I use oestrogel but having worsening issues trying to find a chemist who has stock . Tried online chemists and boots stock checker .  Anyone tried switching to lenzetto ? . Online pharmacy have suggested I try switching .  I currently use 4 pumps of oestrogel .
Many thanks for any info .

Nas

Re: Oestrogel to Lenzetto
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 10:17:24 AM »

I think lenzetto is deemed a weaker product and there’s a good chance that you may need several more sprays of lenzetto to reach your 4 gel pump equivalent.

I could be wrong, but I couldn't reach a lenzetto equivalent to my 75 patch at all.

On a plus, I think lenzetto is in reasonable circulation right now.

Pippa52

Re: Oestrogel to Lenzetto
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 10:30:50 AM »

I switched from Oestrogel to Lenzetto a year ago on the advice of a Menopause Consultant.  Unfortunately Lenzetto proved to not work for me I stuck it out for nearly a year but I think it was weaker than Oestrogel (was on 3 pumps of Oestrogel)  and 2 weeks ago swopped onto Evorel 50 patches on my GP's advice plus Lenzetto was unavailable here.  Still getting used to the patches and the first week on them was pretty grim but starting to feel quite a lot better now and do feel they give me a more stable dose of oestrogen plus I like the delivery method in only having to change them twice a week but everyone is different and what suits one person may not another.  I did find when Besins changed the formula in Oestrogel from estradiol to estradiol hemihydrate it stopped working for me (blood level went down to 98) but bizarrely the same drug is in the patches which seems to suit me.  I guess some estradiol is made slightly differently - I understand some is made from yams and others have soy in so I guess maybe it's a matter of trying to see which one suits you.  Best of luck and I hope you find one that works for you xxxxx