Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Going on symptoms....  (Read 939 times)

Sarahjaynexo

Going on symptoms....
« on: May 21, 2022, 07:47:11 PM »

How do you know if your hormone levels are too high or too low ?

Constantly tired, bloated, headaches, anxiety, hand and leg cramps but no hot flushes until I drink coffee! Horrendous periods.

I'm on evorel 50 sequi patches and was told by my GP there is no other / higher sequi patch available 🤔 my symptoms starting to feel like I did before I started hrt 2 years ago (but with less crying and hot flushes)

Apparently bloods are impossible to rely on during peri and go by symptoms but how do you know what you're lacking. The more I Google the more I get confused x

Flossieteacake

Re: Going on symptoms....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 08:26:12 PM »

It is very confusing. If it were me, I would ask to try a different type of HRT because after 2 years your symptoms should have improved. There are so many other types you can try. It can take time to find the right one. It is horrible you feel this way but please know you do not have to stay on evorel sequi.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 08:19:55 AM »

Of course you can have a higher dose. You can have a higher dose patch or gel alongside a different prog such as utrogeston or a mirena. Or you could use a patch and half.

Sarahjaynexo

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 05:22:08 PM »

I'm starting to think that I'm suffering with high oestrogen / low progesterone 🤔 initially I had low oestrogen. I think I have pcos, I have facial hair, unable to shift weight at all, horrendous heavy periods, headaches, water retention..

I'm on evorel sequi and my symptoms seem to be getting worse. Feel awful sore breasts, full of water retention, weight gain, headaches, insomnia, cramps, achey hands to name a few.

Not sure if it's the type of progesterone in the evorel patch? I tried utrogestan last year but kept forgetting when to take it and end it. Also took it orally (got headaches)

Initially my bloods were low oestrogen about 2 years ago but symptoms now seem to be high oestrogen / low prog. So confused x

Floo36

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 11:57:57 AM »

Your symptoms could also be low Estrogen.