Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Shortage of HRT. All symptoms coming back. In despair :(  (Read 1136 times)

loonarider

Shortage of HRT. All symptoms coming back. In despair :(
« on: May 16, 2022, 07:20:10 AM »

Hi,

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of the shortage in HRT stock, and some of us, as myself are suffering because of it.

I have the Lenzetto estriol spray on repeat prescription and since I had run out last week, rocked up to the pharmacy to pick up another one to find that they had none in stock and they're waitin for new stock toa arrive (they couldnt give me a definitive date on this).

So, I frantically looked for online pharmacies to see if they were stocking lenzetto. I found Independent Pharmacy and thankfully they had it in stock, so I've placed an order, yet it says it's processing, however the estimated delivery is today.

I'm worried they'll reject my request (since it needs to be approved). I'm peri, so my periods haven't stopped. One of the questions prior to check-out was whether my periods had stopped or not, which is irrelevant since, peri menopause is probably the most tumultuous period of the change, IT IS the change/transition and many are still having their periods.

So, yes worried they won't approve it and I'll suffer further. Since stopping last week due to the shortages, my night panic attacks and adrenaline rushes have returned and anxiety.

I wonder why there's a shortage anyway, what happened?

Pippa52

Re: Shortage of HRT. All symptoms coming back. In despair :(
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 08:50:22 AM »

Loonarider - on The Independent Pharmacy website when you fill in the form to get your Lenzetto there is a facility to upload a picture of the label of your prescription that the GP or pharmacy has placed on your Lenzetto pack.  If you photo it and include it in your form on the Independent Pharmacy website that will ensure they will send you the Lenzetto if they have it in stock.  Hope this helps and good luck xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 08:51:41 AM »

A lot of HRT products are in storage across the UK.  Apparently.  Add to that the NHS won't pay for some ...... whereas in the mainland Europe most is available.

Is your GP aware?  That's the 1st port of call, speak to the Surgery Manager and ask the question.  Then write to your local MP, copy to the chap 'in charge' of health in Parliament?  I found our local MP sympathetic to an issue, but it's interesting to note that she has never 'followed up'.

loonarider

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 02:12:54 PM »

Loonarider - on The Independent Pharmacy website when you fill in the form to get your Lenzetto there is a facility to upload a picture of the label of your prescription that the GP or pharmacy has placed on your Lenzetto pack.  If you photo it and include it in your form on the Independent Pharmacy website that will ensure they will send you the Lenzetto if they have it in stock.  Hope this helps and good luck xx

Oh great!

That's what I did, thanks! :)   :D

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 02:13:46 PM »

A lot of HRT products are in storage across the UK.  Apparently.  Add to that the NHS won't pay for some ...... whereas in the mainland Europe most is available.

Is your GP aware?  That's the 1st port of call, speak to the Surgery Manager and ask the question.  Then write to your local MP, copy to the chap 'in charge' of health in Parliament?  I found our local MP sympathetic to an issue, but it's interesting to note that she has never 'followed up'.

Oh interesting, that's helpful information CKLD. I'll get on that asap!

ATB

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 02:26:12 PM »

Did you get what you needed? I’ve written to my MP about this, although I switched to patches and they’re not low at the moment I still don’t feel confident and of course all of us writing to our MPs etc can only help each other.