Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: cutting the patch - advice  (Read 902 times)

Vicky81

cutting the patch - advice
« on: May 18, 2022, 07:02:59 AM »

Its MEEEEE again, so sorry.

Right, so after yesterdays performance of feeling like i am going into outer space on the 100mg patch, took it off at work at 9.30, by 10.40 i felt ok again (no heavy head etc) i made a note of this.
Got home and put the 75 on at 5.30pm.
Right now, as i sit here i feel LIKE DEATH. shaky, out of it, nauseous, really tired, like a floating zombie. To make matters worse i have my other job to go to tonight (til 9pm)....i tried to get out of it but they only have 1 person worlking so cannot get out of it!!

My question is....can you peel a patch, cut a part off then stick it back on? I am sat at work contemplating this....not sure if anyone has done this? i feel dizzy as F!!!!

Flossieteacake

Re: cutting the patch - advice
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:21:09 AM »

I do not think the patch would stick once you remove it. At least on my skin it would not stick back. I have to use Tegaderm dressings on any patch to get them to stick.

I really am so sorry to hear you are feeling this bad. How awful for you.

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 07:21:43 AM »

Just to add, have stood up to walk onto the ward and felt real dizzy, i stopped mid-way and had my hand on my forehead, my colleague came after me and took me back in the back office. This is just so crazy....i feel like crying (i know that sounds childish) but i just dont know what to do.....is this 75 still too much? i have 50 at home...i feel terrible xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 07:29:26 AM »

Just to add, have stood up to walk onto the ward and felt real dizzy, i stopped mid-way and had my hand on my forehead, my colleague came after me and took me back in the back office. This is just so crazy....i feel like crying (i know that sounds childish) but i just dont know what to do.....is this 75 still too much? i have 50 at home...i feel terrible xx

I cannot help feel if you keep changing the dosage then it will confuse your body and cause you to feel unwell. I am no expert though. It sounds like you may need time to get use to one dosage and see how it goes. They do say to stick to one dose for three months.

Teresa

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 07:31:13 AM »

Hi Vicky,

I think Flossieteacake is right, once you’ve peeled off Evorel, you’re not supposed to put it back and the chances are it wouldn’t stick properly anyway. You’ve removed some of the Estrogen as soon as you start touching it.
I’ve just seen that Flossieteacake has also said similar about the doses etc ( you’ll see I messaged you Vicky). Things will get better. But it’s not instant. I do think it’s the relief of changing all the time that makes you feel better initially and perhaps the anxiety is causing your dropping and then feeling awful. I have been there Vicky.

Deep breaths!
Put on a new patch. Try the 50s that I said perhaps and stick to that dose for a while. Like Flossie says, you need to try and stick to it. You should only cut  patches while they’re still in their plastic protectors, if you have too, never when they are sticky.

You will get through this  :) I know it seems hard, but you will.

Teresa
X
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:39:11 AM by Teresa »

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 07:34:02 AM »

I am not sure what to do, i literally cant function. do i change to 50 once home?

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 07:51:10 AM »

thanks Teresa,

Going to go down to 50 i think, this is just too much to bare

Teresa

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 08:12:15 AM »

Yes, change to 50 tonight.

You might still feel funny, but you should start feeling better. It won’t be instant. You’ll still have the effects in your body of whatever caused you to feel this way.
Remember HRT is never instant. We all wish it was but it’s unfortunately not.

Good luck,
Teresa
X

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 08:17:06 AM »

ok will do, let you know how i go