News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hrt  (Read 868 times)

Homegirl

• First Flush
Hrt
« on: May 17, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »

Looking for advise on to when next take my. 200mg utrogestan I’ve been stopped now 5 days and still no bleed, so im do confused on when I should restart it again if no bleed comes.. I’ve searched nd can’t see to get a simple answer
I currently am on Evorel 50 patch 200mg utrogestan.. I was on 100mg but a new doctor told me to take 200mg because I’d had the occasional period with in a year.. think my doctor hasn’t much knowledge on HRT so very confused.

BohoChick

• First Flush
Re: Hrt
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 05:47:00 PM »

Hi Homegirl,

I think you should contact your doctor's surgery and run this question by them.  There may be factors in your health record that a forum is not aware of.  If in doubt or unable to contact your doctor's office, continue with your prescribed regimen until you are able to contact them - that includes starting back on your utrogestan at the time you are supposed to according to your prescribed regimen.

The last thing you want to do (I am assuming you still have a uterus, given that you are taking progesterone) is continue with the estrogen component of your HRT and NOT restart the progesterone as you are supposed to.

If you are sexually active, you should also take a pregnancy test to be on the safe side - especially given that you don't sound like you're officially one year since your last menstrual period either.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:49:07 PM by BohoChick »

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 05:49:21 PM »

Hi if you are taking Utrogestan on a sequential basis then you take it for 12 days of every month. Whatever date you started it this month, start it on the same date next month and take for 12 days.

If you are in late peri menopause you may not bleed. xx

Homegirl

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 07:19:23 PM »

Hi thank you for your reply.. I  will do that thank you.. in the mean time I will contact the GP ..
I had been peri menopause for over 15 years ! Nd over this last year my periods were less frequent. When the doctor originally put me on the 100mg for is it 25 days my period was almost every day slightly nd now nothing as yet.. nothings never simple! But I think I’ve got the adjust when to restart the utrogestan.. thanks again.

Ecl

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 09:38:31 PM »

Hi Homegirl, Dotty is right, you should take it for 12 days a month. I bleed about every 3 months but still take the utrogestan regularly. You can either start it on the same date each calendar month or I do four weekly so I always start it on a Monday, every 4 weeks

ATB

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 08:38:29 AM »

Agree with others you should stick to the schedule you’re on but run your question past your GP too. I am in peri and my period was not regular before starting HRT so I stick to the Utrogestan regime regardless of when I bleed. I was told two weeks on, two weeks off but assume that was for ease, and only 12 days is required.