Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Fissure and future bowel prolapse?  (Read 743 times)

Lyncola

Fissure and future bowel prolapse?
« on: May 16, 2022, 08:48:38 AM »

Hi ladies, I’ve got a question to ask, has anyone experienced bowel prolapse?
The reason why I asked this is I have a fissure. Had it start July 2020, I was only told to use pile medication. It stopped bleeding and worst of the pain gone after a month. Since then I can poop without being in pain (I cope by lying down for 10 minutes or spritz bath). Fast forward to October 2021 it tore again, been referred to surgeon. Got put on Rectogesic for 8 weeks. Since then it’s gone really bad two more times. I’m seeing a surgeon on Wednesday and I will be asking for Botox. If Botox fails it’s an operation, the surgeon told me if I could live with it then do so. Apparently the risk from the operation is in he own words “that in 30 years I could have a bowel prolapse”

So back to my question, how bad is it to have a bowel prolapse? Could I live with it?
I’m at the point of view I would prefer a better pooping life for next 30 years, and I’m 47 years old in 30 years I will be 77, will I really care at that stage? Thanks again any information would be great appreciated and will help me make my decision.

ATB

Re: Fissure and future bowel prolapse?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 12:59:32 PM »

I’m sorry I can’t offer you help, but you might want to try posting this in ‘other health discussion’ to see if it is spotted better there. IMO I prefer quality of life as long as possible and at 77 you would probably not regret getting 30 good years. I don’t know anything about a bowel prolapse but does that mean surgery would be needed to remove part or give you a colostomy bag? Maybe that’s what he or she is warning you about. I don’t know though.