Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: estrogel shortage panic  (Read 680 times)

laszla

estrogel shortage panic
« on: May 16, 2022, 09:56:04 PM »

Am getting really scared of shortage - meno clinic doubled my dose to 4 pumps in March (confirming this in follow-up letter to gp) but gp practice haven't updated my medication status accordingly. I have that they update it but am not holding my breath.
This means that when I order a stash, my nominated pharmacy give me 3 bottles which will last about a month and a half! And that's assuming they even have 3 bottles - currently they say they have none!
My question is: can I go to a different chemist, eg Boots, not my nominated pharmacy, bearing in mind I don't have a paper prescription as I usually order via patient app?
thanks

alibeau

Re: estrogel shortage panic
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 10:00:12 PM »

I had the same problem…

My usual independent pharmacy cannot get hold of oestrogel at the moment but my local Boots can.

I was able to add a note to my most recent online prescription request and so it was sent to Boots for me instead of my nominated chemist.

Ali x

laszla

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 02:35:13 PM »

Thanks Ali, I couldn't find a way of staying with current pharmacy and asking for a one-off Boots request so I've just switched my nominated pharmacy to Boots for now - though I have no idea if they'll actually come up with all the gel I've ordered, bearing in mind I'm on 4 pumps now

Ecl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 04:42:11 PM »

My prescriptions are sent to Tesco, if they don’t have all my meds, ( sandrena) they send a text asking me to ring, when I do there is the option of a “bar code” for my whole prescription ( prescriptions cannot be split). I can then contact other pharmacies to ask if they have it, and give them my bar code over the phone so they can allocate it to me immediately. If you know boots have it, you can just ask your pharmacist for the bar code

laszla

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 08:06:20 PM »

Very helpful thanks Ecl, I had no idea you could do that