Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shortage of Evorel 75 patches, what is an alternative?  (Read 5071 times)

Ecl

Re: Shortage of Evorel 75 patches, what is an alternative?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 04:48:02 PM »

Higher, your pharmacy should be able to give you the bar code for your prescription, then you can ring around your local pharmacies and if they have it, give them your bar code which will bring up your prescription on their computer

Teresa

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 07:45:32 PM »

Hi Higher,

Oh No  :o yes, there must be a better system than this. I don’t think the pharmacists treat this like ‘normal’ medicine, if you know what I mean. I know mine doesn’t. When I looked in horror that there was this shortage, he just shrugged and said I needed to get a ‘back up’ plan in place, as if it was easy to just chop and change patches. It isn’t  >:(

Teresa

Teresa

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 07:47:37 PM »

Hi Deirdre,

Hopefully they might get some more in when you’re coming to the end of your tube….fingers crossed.

Teresa

Dierdre

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 08:43:23 PM »

Got a text today my Ovestin was ready for collection.  Must have just ran out and not a shortage thank goodness.  Made me think though  how I'd manage without even for a short while, i need it everyday.

lillith112

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 05:44:07 AM »

I'm on Estraderm 75, been on it 2yrs. As long as you wash the area with Simple soap, dry thoroughly apply and hold in place 30 seconds they stick like superglue. I put them on alternate bum cheeks and they stay on in hot baths, showers etc. Don't use any type of shower gel, or soap that contains moisturizer.

Lillith

Teresa

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2022, 07:26:11 AM »

Hi Lilith,

Thankyou….that’s good to know about the Estraderm  :)
I did the Boots prescription checker thingy, and it said that a local boots has Evorel in stock, I’ll try and get mine from there….if not, I’ll go back to my GP and ask for a prescription of Estraderm.

Thankyou,

Teresa

ATB

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2022, 02:23:54 PM »

Glad to hear you might be able to get it from elsewhere. It’s a terrible worry all these shortages, we shouldn’t have to worry about essential medication!

Teresa

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 03:11:56 PM »

Hi All,

The Boots prescription checker is sadly out of date  :( I called round about four or five different pharmacies all showing they had Evorel75 a couple of days ago and they were all out of stock and said there were manufacturing delays.

I know the government are trying to do something about it by creating a list of HRT that is out of stock so that Pharmacies can swap to alternative HRT, but only the estregen gel is on this list so far. It seems, from what I read, that they are pushing for pharmacists to swap ladies who were on the gel, to patches. This is now having a knock on effect it appears and I suspect it won’t be long before all the different patches become hard to get as well….but I’m ever the optimist  :o

I may have to resort to buying on line and have been passed details by a lovely lady on here of a pharmacy that seem to have them….I shouldn’t have to buy them though, as I still have an unfulfilled prescription, but I may have to….

Teresa
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:13:52 PM by Teresa »

Dandelion

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2022, 02:32:17 AM »

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

For the past week, my pharmacy has told me there’s a manufacturing delay on Evorel 75. I also take utrogestan continually (I am post menopausal). I’ve got enough for another month, but I’ve been told I need a back up plan if there is still an issue.

I can’t use Estradot unfortunately as I don’t absorb them very well.

Please can anyone recommend an estradiol patch alternative to Evorel, but not Estradot? Preferably one that sticks really well (as good as Evorel & Estradot). I do need it to be the same type of estrogen.

Thankyou,

Teresa

P.S I’m also a bit confused as the menopause society website says there isn’t a shortage….

I believe theramex make them, https://www.theramex.com/news/theramex-response-to-uk-hrt-shortages/

Dandelion

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2022, 02:38:50 AM »

Hi Teresa, I suggest you ask for a prescription for Evorel 100 since you get on well with Evorel and simply cut 1/4 off the patch. This is what the British Menopause Society recommends as ‘workarounds’ when there are shortages x
I cut a quarter off 100mcg when moving to 75, no shortage, it worked out ok with evorel.
I am now on 25mcg.
I have a mini stockpile, about 1.5 boxes extra, bought privately, paranoid about shortages, but I guess missing a dose as small as 25mcg won't affect me, as I bled on 50mcg, and I only get sweats, and poss IBS

Dandelion

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2022, 02:40:33 AM »

Well I've just found out there's no Estradot 50 in my area, my chemist just didnt think to let me know and cant say what patches they do have? Now I have to go back to GP tomorrow and get a paper perscription to chase around other chemists in the area? Must be a better system than this!
Can you try boots prescription checker to see local stock?
Handy
 https://www.boots.com/online/psc/

Dandelion

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2022, 02:42:51 AM »

Glad to hear you might be able to get it from elsewhere. It’s a terrible worry all these shortages, we shouldn’t have to worry about essential medication!
I'm autistic and one of my "quirks" is fear of running out of anything. Especially needed stuff like meds, I cannot wait till I am not reliant on pharmacies.

Dandelion

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2022, 02:49:31 AM »

Hi All,

The Boots prescription checker is sadly out of date  :( I called round about four or five different pharmacies all showing they had Evorel75 a couple of days ago and they were all out of stock and said there were manufacturing delays.

I know the government are trying to do something about it by creating a list of HRT that is out of stock so that Pharmacies can swap to alternative HRT, but only the estregen gel is on this list so far. It seems, from what I read, that they are pushing for pharmacists to swap ladies who were on the gel, to patches. This is now having a knock on effect it appears and I suspect it won’t be long before all the different patches become hard to get as well….but I’m ever the optimist  :o

I may have to resort to buying on line and have been passed details by a lovely lady on here of a pharmacy that seem to have them….I shouldn’t have to buy them though, as I still have an unfulfilled prescription, but I may have to….

Teresa
That sounds a bit grim.
Let's hope it does not come to that.
I have a bottle of gel that I do not use, if anybody wants to PM me first come first served.
Luckily I am on the  25 EVOREL so is that runs out I hope I can do without. I do get night sweats and need a fan however I hope that if they do run out I will be okay, this is a pessimistic attitude.
The really bad shortages got sorted out before, I am sure they will sort something out. Some women cannot use patches and need gel.

Dandelion

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2022, 02:49:57 AM »

Hi All,

Teresa
Hi All,

Teresa
That sounds a bit grim.
Let's hope it does not come to that.
I have a bottle of gel that I do not use, if anybody wants to PM me first come first served.
Luckily I am on the  25 EVOREL so is that runs out I hope I can do without. I do get night sweats and need a fan however I hope that if they do run out I will be okay, this is a pessimistic attitude.
The really bad shortages got sorted out before, I am sure they will sort something out. Some women cannot use patches and need gel.

ATB

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »

Hello,

I contacted the manufacturer directly, please see their reply to me below:

> Thank you for contacting Theramex and for your enquiry related to the availability of Evorel 75 and 50.

I can confirm that they are no supply or manufacturing issues related to Evorel 50 and it is available. you can obtain it through your local pharmacy by contacting Alliance Healthcare using their usual channels.

Please also be informed that there are no supply or manufacturing issues related to Evorel 75, however we are currently facing some delivery delays which may have affected the availability of the product. We are currently expecting product to be available for pharmacies to order from the wholesaler by the end of this week.

As a women's health company, I can assure you that we are working hard to keep the product in steady supply, and can only apologise for this delay. <

Hope this is helpful. It’s not right that supplies run this low that a delivery issue can mean women won’t have what they need. I’ve told them this, and I’ve asked them to run daily supply updates, or at least weekly, on their own website. I want to know why there isn’t some kind of system where GP prescriptions are entered so that any uptick in prescriptions is recorded and that data is available immediately to manufacturers, which then results in an increase in production. This isn’t hard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3