Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Shortage of Evorel 75 patches, what is an alternative?  (Read 5073 times)

Teresa

Shortage of Evorel 75 patches, what is an alternative?
« on: May 16, 2022, 03:00:14 PM »

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

For the past week, my pharmacy has told me there’s a manufacturing delay on Evorel 75. I also take utrogestan continually (I am post menopausal). I’ve got enough for another month, but I’ve been told I need a back up plan if there is still an issue.

I can’t use Estradot unfortunately as I don’t absorb them very well.

Please can anyone recommend an estradiol patch alternative to Evorel, but not Estradot? Preferably one that sticks really well (as good as Evorel & Estradot). I do need it to be the same type of estrogen.

Thankyou,

Teresa

P.S I’m also a bit confused as the menopause society website says there isn’t a shortage….
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 03:04:15 PM by Teresa »

Flossieteacake

Re: Shortage of Evorel 75 patches, what is an alternative?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 03:10:25 PM »

There is one called Estraderm.

Teresa

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 03:36:08 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake,

Thankyou, have you used them? Do they stick well?

I only ask because I know that one or two alternatives don’t stick well and I’ve been spoilt with Evorel and the Estradot ones as they stick really well.

Thankyou,

Teresa

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 03:51:13 PM »

I have used all 3 types and have to put a Tegaderm dressing over as I do not find they seem to stick to my skin. I buy them on Amazon and they do not come off unless I try to take them off.

Teresa

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 04:20:26 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake,

Thankyou, looks like I might need to get some dressing then  :o ….it’s such a pain having these shortages. I don’t have any issues with Estradot or Evorel sticking. I think I did read on here that Estraderm was one of the ones that didn’t stick well.

I am worried I might not absorb it as well. I can usually tell pretty quick. It’s such a faff having to keep going back to the GP as they have to keep doing new prescriptions when these are out stock…
Have you tried any others?

Thankyou,

Teresa
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:22:10 PM by Teresa »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 04:28:55 PM »

It is a worry with all these shortages. I do not know if it is possible to check pharmacists in your area? I think Boots do a prescription checker. It should absorb just as well as it is the same ingredient, just a different brand. It is annoying having to go back to the GP. If only they could not issue a prescription asking to be prescribed whichever is in stock! I have not tried any others.

ATB

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 04:58:42 PM »

They’re available on the international pharmacy online, you need to show them your prescription. I’ve checked just now and there is no official notice showing a shortage in Evorel 75 or any others.

Teresa

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 05:18:09 PM »

Thanks ATB,

The pharmacy has my prescription, but I’m sure I can easily get it. I have rung round a few other pharmacies and they’re all having trouble too.

Have you ever used this pharmacy? I am wary of ordering from pharmacies on line, I have to admit as I did order some Evorel off of one ( that had good trust pilot reviews)  and when it arrived, it had one month until expiry. I didn’t use it in the end as the packaging was different as well.

I did see the menopause society website is showing it’s in stock, but I think their last update was 3/5 and perhaps the shortage has happened since then…

I was hoping someone could recommend one that they know sticks well…I’m hoping there is such a thing…

Thankyou,

Teresa
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:22:37 PM by Teresa »

Teresa

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 05:21:41 PM »

Thankyou Flossieteacake,

I will look at the boots checker….yes it is annoying that I have to get a new prescription, the chemist insists on it .  ???

I was hoping that someone might be able to advise on one that was estradiol that they know does stick, but I had better get some of that dressing just in case then….

I thought the Estradot would absorb the same as it was the same ingredient, but it was very different. Within three days my top lip was covered in hairs that I hadn’t seen fior months and I felt much lower and to top it all, then the hot flushes came back. I then had to get another prescription as the Evorel had come back into stock  - it was a right faff!

Thankyou for all your help,

Teresa
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:27:40 PM by Teresa »

ATB

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 05:35:10 PM »

I checked the manufacturers updates and a month ago they said all its products are in good supply, they saw no supply issues based on current demand ( one month ago ) so if it is affected it may be that women on estrogel have switched? I just can’t see it massively changing in one month. Have you thought of contacting the manufacturer directly? It might be worth it.

I haven’t used international pharmacy but the reviews on trust pilot look good. Totally up to you.

Floradora

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 05:37:34 PM »

Hi Teresa, I suggest you ask for a prescription for Evorel 100 since you get on well with Evorel and simply cut 1/4 off the patch. This is what the British Menopause Society recommends as ‘workarounds’ when there are shortages x

Teresa

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 06:48:45 PM »

Hi FloraDora,

That’s a good idea  :) I didn’t think of that. At least I know that I will get on with it.

Thankyou very much,

Teresa

Teresa

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2022, 06:53:02 PM »

Hi ATB,

All good ideas too….I shall see what I can find out. I really wish we didn’t have these difficulties. You might be right about the oestrogel issue affecting women too and them switching. A lot can happen in a month as well. Thanks for all your ideas ATB, you’ve certainly given me some ideas.

Thankyou,

Teresa

higher

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 08:25:01 PM »

Well I've just found out there's no Estradot 50 in my area, my chemist just didnt think to let me know and cant say what patches they do have? Now I have to go back to GP tomorrow and get a paper perscription to chase around other chemists in the area? Must be a better system than this!

Dierdre

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 05:52:19 AM »

Boots ran out of Ovestin , I've got to wait until the end of this month for my prescription. Luckily I hsve a tube in hand.
Pages: [1] 2 3