Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Low white blood cell count  (Read 1570 times)

tambourine queen

Low white blood cell count
« on: May 23, 2022, 12:55:43 PM »

Hi all
So went to docs last week for random tummy pain. Doc thinks it’s nothing to worry about but wanted to run bloods anyway. All have come back normal to sat apart from a ‘slight dip’ in my white blood cell count. I’ve to get a repeat test in 6 wweeks. Receptionist was very lovely, said it be just a random infection and she sees it commonly as a result they give out and if the doc was worried she’d have whipped me right in!
OF COURSE IM WORRIED!!!!
I’ve searched and found some old threads on this but anyone have any words of wisdom?

jaypo

Re: Low white blood cell count
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 04:07:46 PM »

Hi,please don't use dr Google,if anything just stick to the NHS site. It could be an infection somewhere,or if you've had tummy pain a gut infection,you'll get done again in 6 weeks and it will be back to normal. Yes,I'd be worried too but that's our anxiety for you,can't you speak to the dr? Just ring and ask for a phone consultation because you're stressing over it x

Taz2

Re: Low white blood cell count
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 04:11:06 PM »

I've had this a few times but both the GP and the gastro enterologist (last time) said it was really common and not to worry. My next result was perfectly normal.

Taz x  :)