Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Heavy head and nausea advice please  (Read 1150 times)

Vicky81

Heavy head and nausea advice please
« on: May 15, 2022, 07:18:13 AM »

Hello lovlies.
I hope I'm not repeating here, but I need some advice.
So on 19th April was prescribed 100mg everol patches. 6 days in I decided to up and down the doses...stupid me.
So from 6th May I decided right, 100mg it is...stick to it.
I'm also on provera which I took from 1st May til 10th.
So I've been having on and off dizzy spells, feeling spacey and heavy head feel.
Last week I actually had around 4 good days...anxiety seems less etc.
Then it started back again.
Yesterday I got my period/bleed and felt the worst I have since starting. Was ok in the a.m, then around 2pm ish mood dropped, head was very heavy and I started with a very bad headache.....didn't shift even after paracetamol.
Went to bed and had insomnia and sweats last night.  Usually I sleep so well every night.
I know I'm only on day 10 but could someone in the know please help me here?  Do I stick with?
Xxxxx

Vicky81

Re: Heavy head and nausea advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 07:19:13 AM »

Sorry....on and off nausea feel too....

Nas

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 07:56:57 AM »

Could you have a bug?

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 08:02:34 AM »

No hun xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 08:03:15 AM »

Only came on with the patches....

Nas

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 08:11:24 AM »

You have to stick with whatever regime you’ve decided on for a good few weeks now. It’s still early days.

HRT isn’t a fix for everything I’m afraid.

If after 3 months, you are still symptomatic, you could look at switching regime.

Some symptoms never go completely.

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 08:16:00 AM »

Thanks nas xxx

CrispyChick

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 09:08:09 AM »

Vicky

I know when the nhs meno clinic had me trial the combined pill for my peri symptoms, it was stick it out for 3 months. Some I didn't stick out, like the ring, but when I set my mind to it, I did 3 full months and then things stabalised. Those 3 months could be hellish - no denying it. And, although ultimately it didn't work for me, the point is it took my body 3 months to stabalise on it.

As you know, I'm trialling prog only for my peri symptoms. I've been up and down like a yoyo on dose - which hasn't helped at all. 5 weeks ago I made a concerted decision to start again on a low dose and stick it out. Wow. That first month was horrific... But now, in month 2, I'm not as bad.

I totally understand how you jump on every symptom then feel like your dose /type isn't right. But truely, these are hormones, it does take time to stabalise.

Get in the right mindset and see it through. That's all I can say. But I totally empathise, as I've been on this journey over 4 years!!! Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 10:12:45 AM »

Aww thanks crispy! Really sweet of you to message.
Yes its bad when you started getting horrid side effects .....
I will try to stick it out !!xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 10:30:45 AM »

Hello Vicky81.

I completely understand how you feel, it is hard to keep going when you feel so awful.

I am in a similar situation as my anxiety and tearfulness are through the roof which may be due to decreasing my Oestrogen gel recently. I was hoping that as I am post meno my body would be fine with a reduced dose but maybe not. Why this journey has to be so hard I don't know!

I hope your symptoms settle soon and sending hugs.

K.

Nas

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 10:45:24 AM »

Was just thinking of you Kathleen...
 Sorry to hear things are still difficult for you.
Could you ever so slightly up the dose of Oestrogen, or would that trigger the bleeding again?
Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »

Awww hi Kathleen
Thanks for your message...  yes I really hope it settles for you too....nas is right maybe an increase could do the trick?

Love to you xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 11:30:51 AM »

Hello Nas and thank you for your concern.

I am using Sandrena gel sachets so I could easily increase the dose. I am on two sachets per day at the moment but when I was on three I still had episodes of tearfulness and panic and then the bleeding etc on top. What a combination lol. This made me wonder if my symptoms are actually being caused by too much Oestrogen, hence the surges. The other bold move that I can make is to just use one sachet and see how I feel. I am mad as a hatter at the moment so it couldn't get much worse!

I saw your post on getting cold feet regarding your coil fitting and I totally understand your apprehension. When we have been trying so hard to feel normal the thought of more change is very worrying but we have to keep going. I've never had the coil so I have no experience to share but other ladies have success with it so why not you?

I wish you luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Take care.

K.

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2022, 11:39:49 AM »

Hello Vicky81

Thank you for your kind words and apologies for interrupting your thread.

I honestly don't know whether to increase, stay the same and tough it out or decrease. I have not had a blood test since starting Sandrena so I have no idea how well I am absorbing it (though I did absorb Oestrogel so hopefully it is okay).

As you know it can be hard to get through the day when you feel so unstable. If I hit on the magic formula I will alert the forum asap. I think those of us struggling really deserve a break!

Wishing you well.

K.

Vicky81

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2022, 01:38:50 PM »

Awww that's ok Kathleen don't worry about it!!!

Yes please do let us know how you get on! Xxxx