Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Saliva test  (Read 1946 times)

Allanajane

Saliva test
« on: May 14, 2022, 11:53:28 AM »

Hi can anybody please give me advice. Iv not felt well in hrt for abt 3 years. Upping my patch from gyno and going down a strength in the way I feel. Never had it right. Iv asked for bloods done about 100 times from drs and they won’t do them. As it goes in how you feel they tell me. I’m 50 in October and done a saliva test which I payed for myself. It’s came back as,my free estrogen is 4.6. Does that make me post menopause? Iv spoke on phone to my gyno and he said nothing. Iv tried upping my hrt but feel worse. I’m on Everol 75 for 2 month. Was on Everol 50 before and 100 utrogestan every night to help me sleep. Now Iv noticed Iv shrunk below and I’m constant itchy below so hot vagifem. I think I’m honing to lower back to Everol 50. On the 75 I have sore and achy muscles and hot all the time. My mood is ok. Many thanks Allana. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Saliva test
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 01:01:55 PM »

If you paid for a saliva test, the result may well be what the Company wants it to be, do they sell products?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Peri-menopause can last for 10+ years B4 the last monthly period = menopause.  Symptoms may continue after periods ceases due to the ovaries still pumping out small amounts of oestrogen.

Vaginal atrophy requires different HRT than over-all meno-symptoms though some do require both.  How often are u using the Vagifem?