Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 827 times)

Margymoo

• First Flush
Bleeding
« on: May 12, 2022, 10:09:42 PM »

Just after a bit of reassurance and advice please.  Age 51, was on the combined pill for donkeys years, took it continually so no periods.  GP took me off it at age 50, had 2 periods in the following 12 months.  An array of symptoms kicked in so was prescribed HRT patches and Utrogestan sequi, did this for a month but felt more settled when on the Utrogestan so moved to continuous also upped my patches to 75 as symptoms starting to creep back in, all advised by GP.  The issue is I have been bleeding continually since starting continuous, 3 weeks now so GP thinks I should go back to sequi, 14 days on and 14 days off Utrogestan.  Had a scan last year and all ok so know it’s the HRT causing the bleed.  My question is should I continue on the continuous, is it normal to bleed this long waiting for it to settle or should I go back to sequi to have a more regular predictable bleed.  Has anyone experienced this that can offer advice?  Do I continue or change regime ?

Taz2

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 10:39:13 PM »

Hi Margymoo. I had continuous bleeding on conti HRT (FemSeven) which lasted six months by which time I gave up and switched back to sequi which gave me a light predictable bleed each month. Others on here have done the same.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Margymoo

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 05:20:04 AM »

Hi Taz2

Thanks for your reply.  Can I ask how long it took for the bleeding to stop once you swapped back to sequi?  Did you just stop the Utrogestan for 14 days then restart taking 2 x 100 for 14 nights?

Thanks

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 07:14:52 AM »

Sorry I wasn't on utrogestan but FemSeven Conti so when I finished that months supply I then began the sequi ones instead. The first two weeks are oestrogen only then the last two weeks patches also contain the progesterone. The bleeding lessened considerably during the first two weeks and had almost stopped by the end of the second two weeks. I was then dreading the withdrawal bleed but it was only for four days and then stopped as it always had done on sequi.

I hope this is helpful. You could always start another thread maybe mentioning utrogestan conti to sequi in the title so more members on the same regime could respond.

Taz x

mandss

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 09:51:06 AM »

I have been on conti for 4/5 months now and did bleed most of the first 3 months. My gp also wanted to put me back on sequi but I bled so bad on that so I refused. I like you do not know if I am still having natural periods due to being on the pill for years. I have been 6 weeks with no spotting/bleeding at all but feel really heavy in my groin/back passage like I used to with periods!

Margymoo

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 03:54:27 PM »

Thanks for your reply, this journey isn’t straightforward is it!  Hope yours settles soon