Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: weird hot flashes  (Read 746 times)

SandJ

weird hot flashes
« on: May 15, 2022, 01:01:14 PM »

I am 60, and after some years of zero hot flashes due to being on oestrogel and progesterone, they came back. My estrogen tested very high, so now i'm on a higher dose of progesterone and v. low dose of oestrogel, and it's slowly coming down.

But still the hot flashes come, and they are strange, especially during the night. It starts with incredibly hot soles of my feet, and then moves up my body but only to about my hips, usually.

Has anyone else had this kind of hot flash?

Marchlove

Re: weird hot flashes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 07:02:21 AM »

Hi SandJ

Yes, I have the same type of hot flash and I was diagnosed with Lyme disease 15 years ago. They no longer spread up my legs but are confined to the soles of my feet but only at night.

It’s been something I’ve researched for a long time but never got to the bottom of, but I actually don’t think it’s got anything to do with having Lyme disease as such, because it only started when I went on hrt. Has your GP any thoughts as to why and did you have them when you were on a high dose of estrogen?

How are you feeling apart from that? X

Floo36

Re: weird hot flashes
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 12:51:10 PM »

Do you think that perhaps your dose is now to low? When you say Estrogen was very high, do you know the numbers?