Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy  (Read 1904 times)

AnneS

Hysteroscopy
« on: May 12, 2022, 10:38:23 AM »

Hi … I’m due to have a hysteroscopy next week under GA ( after a failed attempt at the womens health unit with no pain relief!!! ) … this is to investigate my thickened womb lining . I just wondered if anyone can give me some idea of what to expect and also the recovery afterwards… many thanks in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hysteroscopy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 11:51:23 AM »

Hopefully the procedure will be fine.  I think that several have been that route, if not put 'hysteroscopy' in2 the search box?  See what pops up, make notes ;->   Let us know how you get on.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 02:19:31 PM »

Hi I had a hysteroscopy in Jan under GA for the same reasons. It was fine. I went to the hospital for 11:30; had the hysteroscopy about 3 and was home by 7.

I had a little bit of bleeding afterwards but no soreness. Everything was ok and the biopsy came back clear too.

If it’s the same as my experience then it’s nothing to worry about. x

buffy26

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 12:31:25 PM »

Hi, I dont know if you have had the procedure yet, but anyway I thought I would share my experience.

I took 2 Co-codamol 2 hours before the procedure to allow them to kick in and had this done whilst awake. I was injected with a local anaesthetic
 which stung, but not too bad. They needed to change instruments and have several attempts to get to the area but it was all over pretty quick. I was shaking like a leaf, but the staff were so kind and reassuring. I had mild cramps after and some light bleeding. Its not a big procedure, you will be ok afterwards. Best of luck for your results. :)

AnneS

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 10:32:31 AM »

Ah thanks so much for your reply ! I’m having mine done on Wednesday under a general anaesthetic. I feel quite reassured after reading responses on here ! I’m heading on holiday the following Saturday so just focusing on that ! Did you have to wait long for your results?

buffy26

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 12:32:37 PM »

Glad you feel more reassured by this. You will be fine for a holiday!

I wasnt sampled as I was atrophic, which I believe means nothing there to enable a sample ! Anyway, GP advised me all ok.

Good luck

Fruitcake

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 04:38:44 PM »

I had a Hysteroscopy done about 10 years ago now.
I don't think anyone should go through this without some form of anaesthetic.  I was told beforehand I could choose local or general anaesthetic.  I chose local as it was quicker, I could be in and out! When I was on the table with the Consultant about to insert the scope thingy, I asked what about the local anaesthetic?  There was silence and shrugging of shoulders.  Apparently I should have taken some paracetamol first!  Like that would help. ::)

Reluctantly I agreed to go ahead, it was terrible.  Never again!

You will be fine with the general anaesthetic. You shouldn't feel anything afterwards except maybe a slight period pain type ache.

Have a nice holiday.

Dani

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 11:24:48 AM »

Just wanted to say I had a hysteroscopy 18 months ago. I was awake and had no anaesthetic at all. It was a bit uncomfortable but completely bearable. I also quite enjoyed watching on the screen  ;D

I hope it went ok for you.

AnneS

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 12:42:02 PM »

Just a quick update … had my hysteroscopy yesterday under GA and all fine … a lot of waiting around but staff were great both before and after ! Get results in 2 wks but nothing concerning found ! Off on holiday on Saturday ( although told I can’t go swimming 😩) … thanks ladies for all of your responses / replies ! Xx