Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and bleeding  (Read 693 times)

nigela

Oestrogel and bleeding
« on: May 12, 2022, 07:36:52 AM »

Hi. I’ve been using two pumps of oestrogel and progesterone tablet for 9 months now. Suddenly I’ve got bleeding which has really worried me. Plus I’ve got very painful boobs again ( I do have benign breast disease) I was only given the body identical hrt as I was diagnosed with osteoporosis last year after a few broken bones. I’m 61 and 12 years post meno. Would reducing the oestrogel to one pump perhaps help? It’s been 4 days of bleeding now. I did have a few low down pains on and off too like I used to get. I also had endometriosis and a fibroid, so I certainly do not want those coming back. However I am feeling better on hrt as I can sleep better and  feel better mood wise and hopefully helping my bones. Anyone else had this. I was warned that I may get odd spotting but early on, not 9 months later! Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Oestrogel and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 08:07:23 AM »

Hi nigela

As this is the first time you have experienced bleeding you should check this out with your doctor as you have been on HRT for 9 months and are 61 and post-menopause so it won't be your natural cycle as you would not have one at this age and especially not 12 years post-meno.. It may well be that the balance of oestrogen to progesterone needs adjusting. What progesterone are you taking and what dose? I presume Utrogestan? 100 mg per day? You may need to increase if your womb lining is growing (or the fibroid), and especially as you had endometriosis and a fibroid.

Hurdity x

nigela

Re: Oestrogel and bleeding
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 08:59:04 AM »

Hi , yes I’m on utrogesten at 100 mg a day.