Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lining 6.7mm - hysteroscopy required?  (Read 743 times)

sheila99

Lining 6.7mm - hysteroscopy required?
« on: May 13, 2022, 10:05:29 AM »

I asked for a scan to check the thickness of my womb lining because more often than not I don't bleed on sequi utro. No bleed this cycle so now about 7 weeks since the last bleed. Lining is 6.7mm and gp wants to refer me for urgent hysteroscopy and possible biopsy. Thoughts please? Necessary or wasting resources?

Very late peri, 4 pumps gel, 200mg x 12 days utro, 6 week cycle. No unexpected bleeding (the opposite problem, no bleed when it is expected).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lining 6.7mm - hysteroscopy required?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 11:06:22 AM »

I thought that a 5 was the cutoff point?  MayB put a query into the search box?

laszla

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 09:57:36 PM »

By all means have a scan but I would not worry - I'm on sequi oestrogel/utro and my measurement *after* a bleed at lsst scan was 6.5 and the feedback (from UCH) was "the endometrial thickness is appropriate for this women's hormone replacement)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 10:18:04 PM »

That's rather what I thought. I'm inclined to think this is a panic reaction and there's no reason to believe there's a cancer risk. I suspect the 'expert' assumed I'm meno and that I'm either not on hrt or are on  conti. I'm really not into pain so not keen on hysteroscopy unless there's a good reason for it. For a sequi regime I don't think this thickness is out of the way but looking for opinions in case I'm wrong.