Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Everol.sequi side effects??  (Read 667 times)

Caroline Mackenzie

Everol.sequi side effects??
« on: May 10, 2022, 10:58:48 AM »

Hi everyone
Just a little advice please.
I've been on Evorel Sequi patches for a week now and have VERY sore breasts and a stomach that feels and looks like a water balloon??
Does anyone know if this is normal settling in side effects and do they disappear the longer you're on them??
Not sure what to expect with the conti ones later on in the month, bit nervous!!
Thanks everyone x

Floradora

Re: Everol.sequi side effects??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 12:17:15 PM »

Hi Caroline. The side effects you describe are fairly normal ‘estrogenic’ type side effects from starting HRT that many people get. It’s very early days at only one week in so I’m afraid you need to give things a good bit more time to see if they settle and pass. As you are on a ‘sequi’ regime at least you know that these particular side effects are due to the estrogen and not the progestogen as you’re not taking that yet! Very often side effects will settle over time but unfortunately there is no way of knowing at this stage, you just need to give it a couple of complete cycles and then see where you are.  Hopefully the relief you get from other your other menopausal symptoms will outweigh the early side effects. In the meantime, I would try and do lots of other things to ensure that your are not adding to the water retention problem, eg keep salt and carbs low etc x

Caroline Mackenzie

Re: Everol.sequi side effects??
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 02:49:29 PM »

Thanks so much for the advice, planning on giving it 3 months to see how I feel, good to know these are "normal" side effects,I'll peresevere xx