Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: equivalent sandrena dose to estrogel  (Read 1575 times)

Sammiejane

equivalent sandrena dose to estrogel
« on: April 12, 2022, 11:54:50 AM »

good morning

i’m hoping someone can clarify for me

ive been on estrogel 2 and 3/4 pumps so just short of 3 pumps however due to shortage now put in sandrena and told to take 2 mg but have read that 1mg sandrena is equivalent to 2 pumps estrogel so should i be taking 1.5 sandrena ??
also is tesosterone good for VA
thank you

Kathleen

Re: equivalent sandrena dose to estrogel
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 12:27:11 PM »

Hello Sammiejane.

I have been working on the assumption that one sachet of Sandrena is equivalent to two Oestrogel pumps. I am certainly interested to hear the views of other ladies.

Six months ago I was using three sachets of Sandrena which I think equals six pumps. On this regime I continued to have mood swings and sore breasts but when spotting began and later became heavy bleeding I reduced to two and a half sachets. The tender breasts and bleeding then resolved. In recent weeks I have reduced again to two sachets which I believe is equal to four pumps of gel.

When I was using Oestrogel I had a blood test which confirmed that I was absorbing the gel and I assume that his means that the Sandrena gel is absorbed equally well.

I am sorry that I can't be of more help but I am sure that other ladies will be along soon.

Take care.

K.

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »

hi kathleen

thanks for your reply

i’m using 1mg sachet of sandrena and 0.5 so 1.5 in total

but have noticed in 3 days use tender boobs around nipple and i apply the gel to my arms as i did with estrogel as i didn’t asorb the estrogel on thighs so doctor advised to use on arms the same but i apply at night and my arms feel slightly swollen in the morning and fingers ie can’t get rings off and have a little bloating in tummy i’m fed up i just got to a point after 2 years of feeling settled on estrogel now i have to change they really need to sort the shortage on these medication so many women relie on it for there health and how they feel and i feel now i’m on a rollercoaster again
my doctor says 2 pumps of estrogel gives 1.5 mg estradiol as one pump 0.75 and one sachet of sandrena is 0.75 at 1mg so 3 pumps estrogel 2.25 mg and 2 sachets 1.5 mg but i have done same as u as i read everywhere 2 pumps equal to 1’mg sandrena and 2mg equal to 4 pumps well i took 2 and 3/4 so using 1.5 sachets but having a hot flush at night and sore boobs could be the change of medication as seems to cause hot flushes first few days

DottyP

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 04:56:06 PM »

I’ve just switched to Sandrena (see my post about how that’s going!).  I was originally on 1 pump of Oestrodose, then two sprays of Lenzetto.  I was told that 1mg of Sandrena equals two pumps of Estrogel - I’m on 0.5mg of Sandrena.  I was also warned that Sandrena is more concentrated than the Spray or pump so it may affect me differently.  I think the best thing to do is go on symptoms.  It all seems to be such trial and error which is hideous that we have to go through all of this without anyone really having a blinking clue (the professionals I mean).